Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Nice job!!!
Decals will make all the difference
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Thanks Abie, I keep looking at it but can't decide how to do it ,or whether to put a completely fictional team name .
Steve
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
It wasn't unknown - in fact quite common - for old buses, coaches -and yes, horseboxes to be pressed into use as race car transporters.
As Abie said, a few age-related decals will make a difference.
(This post was last modified: 25th-Apr-20, 10:22 AM by
Top Down .)
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
How about something along these lines? I googled 'Old race car transporters' and images of the same.
One mind-boggling transporter was an early Landrover with an angle iron rack on the roof and a two stage ramp coming down over the bonnet, in order to transport a small single seater. The photo was of the driver VERY gingerly backing the car off the roof!
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Thanks ,so I must see what I can come up with ,real or made up team . Ideas would be helpful if anyone has any !!
Steve
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Hi Jason , that I think I could do Excuse my ignorance what does SIG stand for?
Steve
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Shed in Garden.
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Thanks Jason ,it would have taken me forever to guess that
I will definitely have a go at that
Steve
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Here you are Jason nearly done ,just got the SIG graphic done and I ain't very good at that
Steve
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)
•