Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Restoration stories
#1

"I like those corona virus days".My grand daughters (5 y.o.) statement enjoying mum and dad being at (working from)  home all day and no school.I could use it.I have opened my  to do projects drawers to see what can i do to spend my time.First off a couple of damaged Strombecker Ferrari 250 GTO.The primered one has a damaged headlight opening and no windshield whereas the red one windshield full of glue and light damage on the body.
   
   

I started with the grey one.I used blue staff to make a mould from the red one which i then fitted on to the grey one.
   
I will fill the gap with epoxy glue later today

I then tackled the windshield issue,i was lucky to have a 3rd allmost new one from which i used the windshield to make of gypsum and plasticine  a vac form mould 
   
Windshield ready,side windows will be cut from sheet

   
Chassis is printed in ABS
   
Rims (front,to save wight) and inserts (for rear alu rims) printed also in ABS
   
[+] 2 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post
Quote
#2

I managed to remove the windshield from the red GTO without much damaging the body,the previous owner had dislensed glue by the bucket.
   
I used plasticine as moulds this time,it worked better
   
So now i have to bodies ready for the paint booth and one complete chassis the second one will be in line
   
   
And here comes the obvious question what color?I have too many red Ferraris.I am open to suggestions 

Until i make a decision i started another one,Jaguar E type Eldon,chassis ready and printed
   
   
I have 3 bodies,this one will replicatethe car of a Greek champion in red colour
[+] 1 member Likes AlexisGaitanis's post
Quote
#3

Fly yellow or Eau de nil for the GTO?
Quote
#4

Eau de nil would be appropriate as a tribute to Stirling Moss: 

Car for a legend: The record breaking 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO was built for British Formula 1 legend Stirling Moss and recently sold for £22.7m. It's Eau de nil.

If you Google it there are lots of great reference photos. 

   
Quote
#5

Thanks,nice ,there is an issue though,the rear spoiler is missing on Strombecker models
Quote
#6

Unless i fabricate a spoiler
Quote
#7

Stirling's has rectangular driving lights under the headlights too but ..... how accurate does it have to be? 

It's just for inspiration/justification of the colour choice.

Right colour, black roundels, white #15 ....... would give the right impression.
Quote
#8

Evolution of one of the Strombecker GTOs fantasy livery (the leftovers from theDino 246)
[Image: post-2645-0-92323400-1587795596.jpg]
[Image: 94365327_10219730357923417_7105539391367...e=5ECA58DA]
 
[Image: 94580630_10219730358283426_1702242354271...e=5ECA2763]
 
[Image: 95309136_10219730358403429_7331710810101...e=5ECC4CDA]
[+] 1 member Likes AlexisGaitanis's post
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)