Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hello from a UK Scratch Builder
#1

Hi

I'm a member of a number of other forums and recently discovered this one.  My main interests are GP and F1 cars of the fifties, sixties and seventies although I have been know to build thirties cars and the odd sports car.  I rarely purchase ready to runs unless they are really good such as the Policar F1s.  I build cars from 'kits' such as Pre-Wing but also carve my own bodies.  I've also done a few Policar conversions on Scalextric legends cars.  I'll post a few examples of my work over the next few weeks but here is a Ferrari 312 from 1967 I built for a proxy a couple years ago.  The body is from my own carving and moulded and cast by that master of the art and my good friend John Warren.

Regards

David

[Image: P1060029.jpg]

[Image: P1060025.jpg]

[Image: P1060023.jpg]
[+] 9 members Like David Mitcham's post
Quote
#2

Welcome David Wavegreen 

Wow! That Ferrari is a sensational piece of work. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Quote
#3

Fabulous work there David. Thumbup
Quote
#4

Amazing stuff!
Quote
#5

Welcome here David.

Nice work on that Ferrari, the exhaust system looks like a fun way to spend a few hours Bigsmile
Quote
#6

Greetings David and welcome.
SlotRacer Online is a great opportunity for a fresh start and building from lessons learnt on old forums.

Amazing detail on the Ferrari - what scale is it?

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#7

This was Davids' entry for a proxy for 1/32 cars that ran in the 1967 GP season. While most of the entries were extremely well done, both in terms of finish, and, performance, Davids' entry certainly deserved its first place concours honours. (It actually looks better in person  Thumbup)

Cheers
Chris Walker

[Image: 2-Ferrari-Gold.jpg]
Not to hijack this thread, but, this is a shot of most of the grid for that proxy series.

[Image: DSCN4273-copy.jpg]
[+] 4 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote
#8

OH MY WORD that is fantastic - i only wish I had 1/10th the talent that David has!!!
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
1st-Jan-21, 04:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: