Hi guy's ,these ones are original ,they were still on the sprues and in the bag and box .My track is also sixties themed so they will be perfect . Been a bit cold in the shed to start painting them and also lots of school plays to attend !!!
Just a quick note, have had an interesting conversation with a chap who has centrifugal casting machine and makes wargaming figures . After a bit of a chat , he's taken some of my pitcrew and is going to have a go at casting them in white metal . Will report back in a few weeks as to progress .
Years back I used to build model figures and vehicles and set them in a vulcanised mould for casting. At the time I heard of someone who was prosecuted for making castings of a company's original figures and selling them. Just saying... But for personal use, well, it's a bit like copying a cd or dvd. Who hasn't!
I'm surprised there aren't more original sets of 1/32 spectator figures about for slot racing. I note some of those 1/30 plastic figures from China are virtual copies of Preiser's!
Hi ,the guy i mentioned is just trying to see the viability of the casting process , he is able to sculpt his own figures He had no idea of maybe a potential market in slot cars
It was a few weeks ago but got the first attempt at casting the figures ,the first run was is resin to test the mold . Photo not too clear the original s are in the white the copy's in the dark grey .Not too bad I think
A question ,does anybody know how to find out about copyright or license for these figures .My friend wants to make more of these and others mostly in white metal , which he says is cheaper .If they are altered a bit is that still an infringement .