Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 4 in 2 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Dec 2019
Hi! I’m a commercial slot car raceway owner. I’ve folded up and stored my racetrack which was built for 1:24 flexi car racing. When I reopen I’m wanting to add scalextrix and carerra racing. To that end, I’m here to research and learn what will be required to build a sizable track and exactly what I will need to be an attractive destination for racers.
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,028 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Welcome
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Welcome aboard Michael.
It sounds like you'll have quite a set up. How large are you planning for the layouts, and are they going to be digital or analogue?
•
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 4 in 2 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Dec 2019
Please understand I am not yet educated on this style of slot car. I've been totally committed to flexi slot car racing so I may not know what I am talking about yet. But, what I imagine is a four lane track occupying at least a 14 to 16 ft square. I don't think I will get much cross over but I do think I will be able to appeal to an entirely different set of racers and want the track to be worth the drive. So I need to learn about crafting a multilane track, powering it, and designs. I assume a timing system won't be hard and decorating it looks fun too.