Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Can't log on to the 'other forum' Been like that since Saturday. I get a message saying it can't load and if it continues contact the site owner!
Not that it's a problem, this is my preferred destination anyway.
Just curious. Anyone else having problems, or is it just me?
(This post was last modified: 5th-Dec-25, 11:03 AM by
Top Down.)
Posts: 3,215
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,782 in 2,086 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(1st-Dec-25, 02:53 PM)Top Down Wrote: Can't log on to the 'other forum' Been like that since Saturday. I get a message saying it can't load and if it continues contact the site owner!
Not that it's a problem, this is my preferred destination anyway.
Just curious. Anyone else having problems, or is it just me?
Working ok for me
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
It has refused to load a few times now, usually when I have the VPN engaged. The VPN is off now and it has loaded normally.
I no longer belong to SFI but occasionally look to see if any of the people I have been friendly with have anything interesting to impart.
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Ditto re occasional visits. Going to be less occasional now, by the look of it.
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I looked at it earlier today and it was fine.
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
I logged in and it was fine, I went to sleep, I woke up and everything was still fine on SF.
Some people reported some issues and a mod says he is in touch with the owners….twiddly dee
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I can log on with my phone. But my laptop has been getting an "http error 406" since about the same time as everyone else.
I hate using my phone for a forum. No better way to curb someone's interest than to force them to an uncomfortable place.
I've left messages for help. Nothing. I check it once in a while, and I'm almost happy it doesn't work. Too much screen time.
The stupid moving ads are getting even stupider. On one ad, a girl just stupidly jumps up and down. Then my wife walks in and says "what the heck are you looking at?". Umm... slot cars?
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Same message for me - 406 error. Good to know I'm not the only one.
(This post was last modified: 1st-Dec-25, 06:36 PM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
That's strange, I'm not having these problems at all and no VPN here.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I haven't visited Slot Forum in a good long while.
I just wanted to say that you're allowed to mention the "other forum" by name. After all Slot Forum is full of slot car fans, just like us.
We're not enemies, quite the opposite.