Posts: 568
Threads: 116
Likes Received: 489 in 321 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Sydney Australia
(7th-Jan-25, 06:23 PM)Zippideedooda Wrote: I have a Slot.it Ford GT40 with a Slot.it SP15C hornby digital chip installed, that refuses to record laps on lane one of my Scalextric Sport track. I am running Arc Pro and it records laps & times for Lane 2, but not Lane 1?
I also changed the guide to a Slotting Plus SP101002 with the same results. And swapped out the chip with one from another car that worked fine, but the problem persists.
Any suggestions?
Is it on ID14 by any chance?
Posts: 334
Threads: 25
Likes Received: 596 in 255 posts
Likes Given: 142
Joined: Oct 2023
I see the issue was raised on slotracer.online on 7th January and then resolved with community input by 9th January. That’s fast support by any standard.
So is there anything to add nine months later?
I have one observation. Zippideedooda reported the lap detection problem only occurred for one lane. So why not both lanes - all things being equal?
My answer is:
1/ if there are any marginal differences then one lane may be affected first i.e. what prima facie appears equal may not be.
2/ for example the manufacturing of the phototransistors leads to variations in sensitivity. This is addressed by grading the phototransistors by sensitivity at the factory - but even then, some variation may still exist within graded batches.
3/ also for example, if the lap sensors are somewhere close to a curved track piece, can we be sure that the same vehicle travelling in either lane will be travelling at the same speed as it crosses the sensors? Probably not since vehicles in the ‘outer’ lane are likely to be travelling faster.
The point here is that tiny differences are sometimes overlooked and this can make trouble shooting more challenging.
c
(This post was last modified: 29th-Sep-25, 06:49 PM by
Dr_C2.)
•
Posts: 4,020
Threads: 685
Likes Received: 9,014 in 3,104 posts
Likes Given: 9,336
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Indeed, it was an excellent example of group problem-solving!
I think we can happily draw a line under it here
————————————————————-