26th-Jul-22, 04:16 PM
Simple weathering
26th-Jul-22, 10:05 PM
Nice job Carver, put a motor in it and see how she runs
27th-Jul-22, 07:06 AM
I may have built one or two slot cars that didn't turn out to be super racers...
This, however, would be beyond my red line!
Carver
This, however, would be beyond my red line!
Carver
30th-Jul-22, 05:25 AM
Stunning job
Da Vinci brushes and Vallejo paints, my weapon of choice for re working some of my fathers railway stuff, not anywhere near your level though.
Da Vinci brushes and Vallejo paints, my weapon of choice for re working some of my fathers railway stuff, not anywhere near your level though.
30th-Jul-22, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the comments!
I think I am slowly loading for making a barn find racer.
I really like making things look old and aged, maybe 'cause I am not that new and fresh myself...
I find slot cars, in general, too shiny.
Here is an earlier attempt, one of my own woodies. This time I used traditional methods, oil, turpentine, and pigments, splattered on and softened with a cloth.
Plenty of layers, I think a nice result depends a lot on how much patience you have.
Not too shiny, is it?
Carver
I think I am slowly loading for making a barn find racer.
I really like making things look old and aged, maybe 'cause I am not that new and fresh myself...
I find slot cars, in general, too shiny.Here is an earlier attempt, one of my own woodies. This time I used traditional methods, oil, turpentine, and pigments, splattered on and softened with a cloth.
Plenty of layers, I think a nice result depends a lot on how much patience you have.
Not too shiny, is it?
Carver
16th-Aug-25, 10:34 AM
I need a junk car for the scenery!
A few dry pigments, red iron oxide, yellow ochre and burnt umber, with a little oil and terpentine. As usual, splattered on over a grey primer, then softened with a cloth. Takes some time but is very easy to do!
When completely dry, I applied a layer of flat clear.
Voilà!
A few dry pigments, red iron oxide, yellow ochre and burnt umber, with a little oil and terpentine. As usual, splattered on over a grey primer, then softened with a cloth. Takes some time but is very easy to do!
When completely dry, I applied a layer of flat clear.
Voilà!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)