Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Mr SlotCar C1 Corvette
#71
Wink 

(13th-Jun-25, 06:52 AM)Kevan Wrote:  [*]the tyres are very narrow and would probably be better suited to a pre-war GP car
[*]


Truth be told, the stock tyres are wider (scale wise) than the 195's that the car raced with  [Image: wink.png]

Cheers
Chris Walker

PS The sill concerns some have had on the Vette, have been rectified on the Ferrari,..it looks very very nice (on the latest  pre prod. sample).
[+] 2 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote
#72

(13th-Jun-25, 06:52 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  Truth be told, the stock tyres are wider (scale wise) than the 195's that the car raced with  [Image: wink.png]

Cheers
Chris Walker

PS The sill concerns some have had on the Vette, have been rectified on the Ferrari,..it looks very very nice (on the latest  pre prod. sample).

Re the tyres I put 22x7 on mine felt they filled the wheel wells better. If I have my tyre sizes right the original car had 195/75 so that would scale out at around 21.5mm x 6mm 

Looking forward to some photos of the rectified Ferrari and Aston and Merc ?

On a different topic should the body posts screws remain tight. On some cars you loosen the screws to create some body float I am wondering if the design of the chassis mount means the screws should remain tight?
Quote
#73

(13th-Jun-25, 05:55 PM)Henk Wrote:  Apparently there are some issues with the German importer: "There are probably problems with licences and/or product safety regulations. The Corvette was previously withdrawn by the manufacturer."

Don't know if this is for Germany only or for the whole EU, maybe Ken, as an insider, can shine some light on this?

Hello Henk,

I humbly apologize. I'm just a humble customer that lives close to the manufacturer. I am not an insider.

Chris Walker might know something. He knows much more about it than I do.

Ken
Quote
#74

One of our club members has one...and this was the first time he drove it.
  • trued tyres
  • hard coated front tyres
  • no magnet
  • nothing else

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#75

Nice track, it is a smooth runner for sure
[+] 1 member Likes GT40Racer's post
Quote
#76

Andy (one of our club members and a regular Proxy entry on this forum) said he didn't like it because he doesn't like Corvette C1's...but he was super impressed when he turned it over to look at the chassis!

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#77

(13th-Jun-25, 09:32 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  
(13th-Jun-25, 05:55 PM)Henk Wrote:  Apparently there are some issues with the German importer: "There are probably problems with licences and/or product safety regulations. The Corvette was previously withdrawn by the manufacturer."

Don't know if this is for Germany only or for the whole EU, maybe Ken, as an insider, can shine some light on this?

Hello Henk,

I humbly apologize. I'm just a humble customer that lives close to the manufacturer. I am not an insider.

Chris Walker might know something. He knows much more about it than I do.

Ken

Hi Ken, no problem. I am still waiting for the red one with the blue stripes. Maybe by that time thing are more clear.
[+] 1 member Likes Henk's post
Quote
#78

(13th-Jun-25, 11:42 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Andy (one of our club members and a regular Proxy entry on this forum) said he didn't like it because he doesn't like Corvette C1's...but he was super impressed when he turned it over to look at the chassis!

Kevan, what mods did the Porsche have that was being driven alongside the C1?
Quote
#79

It's a Fly 908 that Ed is getting ready for the Targa Florio Proxy.

Alloy wheels, a Pendle 20k motor, ballast...and much wider tyres than the C1.

To put the performance of the Corvette into perspective for similar sized cars (54mm width across the tyres, 8mm wide tyres), a podium car is capable of getting round in about 6.7 seconds...but that's fully prepped with a 20k S-can in sidewinder configuration, lightweight interior and lead ballast.

I wasn't expecting record breaking pace from the MRSlotcar C1 as it's had no prep-time other than trued tyres.
Chris (and some other club members) prefers little to no brakes but I prefer a goodly amount of brakes to enable me to drive into a corner deeper.

I'm sure performance will improve if Chris wants to go down that road but he likes the way it is and seems happy enough with it's current speed.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#80

You can't have too many Corvette's  Sun

   
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
20th-Aug-24, 09:50 AM
Last Post by lerex
17th-Oct-23, 05:49 AM
Last Post by fotodoug2
28th-Nov-21, 05:44 AM
Last Post by fotodoug
30th-Apr-19, 05:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)