Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Mr SlotCar C1 Corvette
#61

(9th-Jun-25, 04:42 PM)Graham Wrote:  One thing I am not familiar with is the exact model of the MR Slotcar Corvette, i am fairly sure the Le Mans car was a 1959 Corvette but technically is it a C1 Corvette, the Ninco version looks like a different model or perhaps different model year ?

The Ninco model is an earlier version of the C1 probably modelled off the 1956-57 version of the car. The Mr Slotcar is modelled off the 1958-60 version. Some obvious differences eg the later version had twin headlights and the body was about 225mm longer and a few subtle ones as well.
[+] 2 members Like GT40Racer's post
Quote
#62

Aside from the headlights. The 56-57 C1 also had a different dashboard from the 58-60. Mr SlotcCar C1 has the correct interior.

This is a 57 dashboard.

   

This is a 59.

   
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#63

I had a look at the Wikipedia info on the car this morning, 
This gives the C1 model years between 53-62 and the C2 or Sports Coupe/ Stingray starting in 63.

Interestingly the final rear end design of the C1 model year 62 car was very similar to the Sports Coupe models after.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#64

The '62 with it's unique back end makes it almost as rare as the '63 split window. Many people notice something different about the '62, but can't quite put their finger on it. Well spotted, Graham.  Thumbup
Quote
#65

Corvette 62 

   
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#66

Our club received our C1's today. 16-cars in total between two clubs. We're going to create a C1 class race.  Thumbup

   
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#67

I got my hands on one last night...
  • everyone really liked it
  • it runs whisper quiet on the track
  • the tyres are very narrow and would probably be better suited to a pre-war GP car
  • the whole car is really well made and great quality
  • MRSlotcar are going to sell a lot of these!

I said to the cars owner (Chris)
"have you seen the other cars in the pipeline? 250SWB, Zagato, 300SL gullwing, Bizzarrini...are you getting any of those?"
and the answer was "YES"

...say no more!

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#68

Ran mine for the first time last night, I have never had a car this smooth straight out of the box (apart from lowering the body and moving the wheels out to fit the body) it is LOVELY, the lack of speed from the motor doesn't detract from it at all, you just keep pushing harder & harder.

It was tried by quite a few members and everyone liked it, and nobody crashed it!!! it just hung in the slot, I cant wait to see/get the rest of the collection (Aston, Ferrari etc) when they come out.

I feel I could turn it into a race winner with beefier motor, wider tyres etc but I dont want to, I'm just going to enjoy blatting around the track and hoping for the occasional podium.

Another masterpiece from Mr Mosetti

Bernie, racing since 1969 Wavegreen
[+] 4 members Like Qman's post
Quote
#69

So I decided to get a kit version for the RoadRace proxy.

   

Gone for a period blue colour
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#70

Apparently there are some issues with the German importer: "There are probably problems with licences and/or product safety regulations. The Corvette was previously withdrawn by the manufacturer."

Don't know if this is for Germany only or for the whole EU, maybe Ken, as an insider, can shine some light on this?
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
20th-Aug-24, 09:50 AM
Last Post by lerex
17th-Oct-23, 05:49 AM
Last Post by fotodoug2
28th-Nov-21, 05:44 AM
Last Post by fotodoug
30th-Apr-19, 05:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)