Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Anyone designed a timing gantry to hold mobile phone?
#1

I'm not a 3D designer or a maker, just an occasional consumer... And I'm wondering if anyone has a design for a gantry that holds a mobile phone or tablet over a slot car track?

   

Scalextric are releasing a new timing app in July / August and have some cardboard 'hardware' bundled in a new Rally set scheduled for August...

       

I took these images at the UK Slot Car Festival a couple of weeks ago. The Scalextric team member who demonstrated the app to me agreed that a 3D printed gantry would be much better - although they've also used Lego to build a pretty sturdy gantry.

Essentially, the app is set up so a line on the screen lines-up with the centreline on the track below - really simple. Obviously, there's the issue of different phones and tablets being different sizes - hence the Scalextric gantry having a simple, flat top. Also, different track systems are different widths - and some may use it on a routed track.

Is there anything out there already - or is this something that's of interest, given that this app is likely to be taken up by a lot of home racers and at slot rally events?
Quote
#2

I have this in a 4 or 6 lane variant this could be adapted to suit a phone, and sectioned to give 2-6 lanes. 

   

Cheers
             John

Mr Fit for Function.
[+] 3 members Like JMay's post
Quote
#3

Magnetic Racing make one.
https://magneticracing.com/product/smartphonegantry/
[+] 2 members Like JasonB's post
Quote
#4

I made this for our Rally stages...the 'I-stand'

   
   

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 4 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#5

Mr Flippant (Greg) designed one a while ago (files shared with community).

https://www.printables.com/model/362449-...smartphone

   

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 4 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JMay
4th-May-23, 10:10 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)