Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Anyone got a UK source for Fly Truck slot guides (with springs) please? Pendles are sold out and a Google search hasn't turned up anything, nor has eBay.
Is there a suitable drop-in alternative at all?
One of three used Fly trucks I bought had a Scalextric guide fitted. Unsprung and the post is too short and too tight a fit to work anyway
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
I replaced the guides in my trucks with
ScaleAuto guides and brass inserts made by Dennis Samson. You can contact Dennis through Electric Dreams in Los Angeles or if you have
FaceBook.
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Ah, thanks. I think I have a couple of those guides - but 'brass inserts'? Not heard of that but might have seen something similar as 3D printed pieces. Do these bring the slot guide area up to the same level as the rest of the floor pan?
•
Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Not what I was expecting but thanks for photos of the brass insert - and the rest of the chassis too
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I make my own from 4mm 'thin wall' brass tube which has an ID of 3.6mm
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021