Posts: 44
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 99 in 32 posts
Likes Given: 81
Joined: Nov 2023
Location Stockholm, Sweden
13th-Dec-23, 07:59 PM
I have an offer to buy a "C1330 Digital Platinum Set" plus a "C1201 Digital Super GT" plus a couple of extra cars (10 in total) for ca 500 Euro.
I recently scored a "C1404M Scalextric ARC PRO - 24h Le Mans" (plus a bunch of extra wireless hand controllers) plus some odd bits and pieces like small R3 and R4 curves for 180 Euro. I also have and an old C1083. But no pitlane and only two working cars.
I am building a permanent track in my garage and plan to start with the Arc Pro setup, but thinking ahead I might want to switch to the C7042 + PC system in the future - hence considering the "offer" above
I am not made of money and perhaps it's better spent on Christmas gifts for my grand child instead?
Whats your thoughts?
Slot car newbie setting up a permanent track in my garage/man-cave.
(This post was last modified: 13th-Dec-23, 08:01 PM by
niklasw.)
Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Aren't you buying the set for your grand children when they visit you?
Problem solved.
Posts: 193
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 326 in 126 posts
Likes Given: 922
Joined: Apr 2019
On the one side a start set gives good value for money, on the other side with the 2 start sets you'll be buying mostly standard R2 curves.
Question is if you need all those standard curves?
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Sounds like a bit of a bargain but even so, I'd be tempted to make an offer rather than leap at the starting price.
•
Posts: 44
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 99 in 32 posts
Likes Given: 81
Joined: Nov 2023
Location Stockholm, Sweden
I skipped it. Thanks for the input! This was my offer price. He started at 600 Euro. But I was hoping for a “do it, you’ll never find one again” kind of response from you guys
Pretty sure I’ll be able to entertain grand children with what I already have.
Which also needs to be built first mind you
Slot car newbie setting up a permanent track in my garage/man-cave.
(This post was last modified: 14th-Dec-23, 08:30 AM by
niklasw.)
Posts: 44
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 99 in 32 posts
Likes Given: 81
Joined: Nov 2023
Location Stockholm, Sweden
Also @woodcote’s excellent
thread on the APB helped tip the scale for me. I need to see if this is for me before I throw more money on things I don’t know if I’ll ever qualify for :bigsmile:
Slot car newbie setting up a permanent track in my garage/man-cave.
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,026 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Good decision
What is great about ARC Pro is you have the full digital experience straight out of the box. Okay, you can dive much deeper with the APB, but you need all the add ons. Out of the box, the APB is a bit rubbish.
Now you’ve saved 600€… can we help you with your shopping list?
Posts: 44
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 99 in 32 posts
Likes Given: 81
Joined: Nov 2023
Location Stockholm, Sweden
(14th-Dec-23, 02:32 PM)woodcote Wrote: Now you’ve saved 600€… can we help you with your shopping list?

Slot car newbie setting up a permanent track in my garage/man-cave.