Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I've read that false nails can work...any other tips?
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Same shape too, can you get clear ones?
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Maybe you could use a piece from a clear plastic bottle?
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Just checked the Bay and yes, clear nails are available.
But the bottles will probably more flexible than acrylic nails, might try that first
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 29th-Aug-23, 08:12 PM by
BAracer.)
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Bottom of a plastic bottle...
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
I always use plastic tubes that protect new brushes.
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
It seems like I just need to start thinking like a scratcher and I will see solutions everywhere!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Quote:and I will see solutions everywhere!
Don’t go looking at hair combs, ok?
•
Posts: 255
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 593 in 217 posts
Likes Given: 255
Joined: May 2020
Location Norfolk
Almost everything we buy these days is sealed in a clear plastic bubble and stuck on a card. I always look at the shape of the plastic before I recycle it. There are so many different shapes that parts of it can always be reused as a headlamp cover or windscreen.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
RC aircraft guys have been using the thin sides of the 2L pop bottle to make clear aircraft canopies for years. It's easier to cut than the thick bottom. First carve/sand a shape from a wooden dowel/stick/block. Then use a heat gun to gently melt the plastic to any contour you like.
Be careful. Too much heat turns the plastic to goo very quickly.