Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
I am impressed to see Scalextric change in direction and using Marlboro stickers!!! Long may it continue (PS I am a 'violent' anti smoker) but love accuracy.
Now if they can keep up have decent drivers :)
•
Posts: 29
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 70 in 23 posts
Likes Given: 288
Joined: Jan 2021
Pre-order of the Escort Cosworth arrived from Scalextric this morning. One that I’ve been looking forward to. First 4WD model from them for quite some time, I think.
I couldn’t resist digging out my last Scalextric 4WD - the Peugeot 307 - I think from 2005.
Interesting to see the differences. The earlier car has a much more detailed interior - fully painted figures and roll cage.
Performance-wise the Escort should be better though, with the motor driving the back wheels rather than the front.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
This arrived yesterday and much nicer than in the photos...Ninco Callaway Corvette C12
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 22nd-Aug-23, 03:46 PM by
Kevan.)
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
...both possible Sport Proxy entrants
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 193
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 326 in 126 posts
Likes Given: 922
Joined: Apr 2019
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
This will go straight into action in the Worthing Autumn race calendar...
I have been hanging on for this particular Cobra livery. But it also feels like it means business. It's front engined, and I know that puts some people off, but the weight distribution feels good to me as a starting point.
Just got to get a chip in there somehow!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
Thought it looked very familiar….I would love to hear the story as to how you acquired this one as I’ve loved seeing it over the years on the board.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Life is like a box of Slot cars...