Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Still not working on W7 PC - but it's certainly not a show stopper.
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
I just liked a post using my phone.... everything normal, I can relax once more.
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
There are approximately 1,279,693, 502 possible reasons why the like system isn't working for some of you, but as always this is a multi faceted two way communication between us as users, and the servers and the software set up, which in itself has multiple external dependencies.
Unfortunately there is no automatic button to press to find the fault, and since I aren't getting the same problem, in spite of using a standard Windows 10 laptop like many of you, that leaves me guessing at a solution, and checking back with you when I attempt a fix.
There are a few avenues to explore though, so I'll work through them in the next few weeks. Please bear with me.
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 268
Threads: 31
Likes Received: 723 in 198 posts
Likes Given: 232
Joined: Apr 2019
Location London, UK
Doesn't work with Google Chrome but does with MS Edge.
Cheers
John
Mr Fit for Function.
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Although dead useful for Google stuff chrome has never been leading edge for browsing.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I've had a look into this and a few days ago I went ahead with the least likely option to succeed, but it was also the least likely to cause any damage.
Let me know if anything has changed.
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
It's been OK for a couple of weeks now, it suddenly started working again and I made mention of it in a post somewhere, I think it was on one of Ken's most excellent picture posts of one his land barges
Life is like a box of Slot cars...