Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
All I'm seeing are these Greg
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 15th-May-23, 06:18 PM by
Kevan.)
•
Posts: 789
Threads: 30
Likes Received: 1,382 in 619 posts
Likes Given: 482
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Auburn, WA, USA
(15th-May-23, 06:16 PM)Kevan Wrote: All I'm seeing are these Greg
I was worried about that. I'll upload them as attachments.
The PrusaSlicer betas are more like release versions from other companies. The Alphas are more like betas. SUPER stable, and safe to use, but it can run parallel to your release version, if you're concerned.
printables.com/@MrFlippant
•
Posts: 789
Threads: 30
Likes Received: 1,382 in 619 posts
Likes Given: 482
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Auburn, WA, USA
Ugh. The editing of attachments is broken on this site, apparently. It's also rotating the photos for no reason.
But, there are now pics up there of both prints.
printables.com/@MrFlippant
•
Posts: 268
Threads: 31
Likes Received: 723 in 198 posts
Likes Given: 232
Joined: Apr 2019
Location London, UK
Out racing last night so didn't see the posts from Greg until late.
Interesting on the fit of the collar, on the ones I have printed so far (6 off), the black PLA + (ESUN ePLA ST) is prone to swelling and the collars are a quite tight, the white is some old Creality PLA that came with a printer and this is slides off more easily but is still retained.
By design the shaft diameter is 10mm, the collar ID is 10.5mm and relies on the interference of the radius and force on the allen key to hold but still can be removed easily.
Given how the collar works it was inevitable it would need tweaking for best results due to all the variables involved.
The system won't accept Step files but can post DWG. (Jason B can this be amended or is there an issue with Step files I think this has been raised before.)
Cheers
John
Edit System won't accept DXF either so have used DWG.
Mr Fit for Function.
(This post was last modified: 16th-May-23, 08:00 AM by
JMay.)
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I'll have a look into allowing Step and DXF files when I have chance.
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I've now added .stp, .step & .dxf files to the allowed attachments list.
I haven't been able to test them, so just let me know if you have any problems.
Posts: 268
Threads: 31
Likes Received: 723 in 198 posts
Likes Given: 232
Joined: Apr 2019
Location London, UK
Thanks to Jason, we can now add source files for the 3dp parts in more formats, just added a stp version to the 1st post, along with the STL and DWG formats.
Cheers
John
Mr Fit for Function.
Posts: 789
Threads: 30
Likes Received: 1,382 in 619 posts
Likes Given: 482
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Auburn, WA, USA
(16th-May-23, 07:55 AM)JMay Wrote: Interesting on the fit of the collar, on the ones I have printed so far (6 off), the black PLA + (ESUN ePLA ST) is prone to swelling and the collars are a quite tight, the white is some old Creality PLA that came with a printer and this is slides off more easily but is still retained.
Those variables are why I don't design a gap when I want a press-on fit like this uses. If someone's printer/material is causing it to not work, then it's the machine/material that needs tweaking, not the design. But, it's pretty common for designers to adjust the design of a thing to work on the their printer with whatever material they use, so I don't get bent about it. That new feature in PrusaSlicer (and I expect SuperSlicer as well) really made the adjustments super easy, whereas I used to have to import an STL, convert to solid, redraw the parts, extrude/cut as needed, export, and slice/print... now it's a couple clicks in the slicer. :) The one difference in the slicer is that the entire model scales, not just that specific tolerance area, so if I wanted to maintain everything else, I still have to edit the model. Fortunately, the original was large enough that the 60% version was still comfortable to use. :)
printables.com/@MrFlippant
•
Posts: 268
Threads: 31
Likes Received: 723 in 198 posts
Likes Given: 232
Joined: Apr 2019
Location London, UK
There is also a design concept known as fit for function, i.e. in this case where the design has sufficient tolerance to enable it to be printed on FDM printers that only cost one fifth of a Prusa using a range of filaments some of which may be less than perfect.
There was a caveat in post one about adjusting the design to suit rather than implying people should go out and buy a Prusa...
Cheers
John
(Retired Engineer of 40 years service, in both military and commercial manufacturing)
Mr Fit for Function.
Posts: 789
Threads: 30
Likes Received: 1,382 in 619 posts
Likes Given: 482
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Auburn, WA, USA
John,
I apologize.
I understand that my post was not appropriate, and that my language was hurtful.
I will do my best to not let it happen again.
Thank you for sharing your files with the world.
Sincerely,
Greg
printables.com/@MrFlippant
(This post was last modified: 17th-May-23, 09:49 PM by
MrFlippant.)