Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Greetings from Annapolis, MD USA
#1

Hello, just stumbled onto this site today!!! Looking forward to looking around.

Like so many, I got involved with slot cars as a kid in the 60's. Didn't really do a lot of commercial racing. I lived in a rare pocket in the mid '60's in which there were no commercial slot car tracks for 100 miles in any direction.

Started with an Xmas Strombecker set, my dad eventually made me a 4 lane track out of the Kal Kar masonite pre slotted modular track sections that could be bought. I'm pretty sure he sourced the modules from Auto World.

Grew up, got out of slots, into 1:1 scale Lotus cars (my screen name is the ENTIRE VIN for an Europa I owned), until stumbling back onto them in early '90's. In 1994 co founded what became known as the Interstate Home Slot Racers (IHSR) which has continually run every year since. We race on 3 and 4 lane routed tracks in members' homes in PA, MD, WVA, and VA (hence the 'Interstate'). We run 1/32 scale magnet-less cars in several classes. Drop me a line if you'd like more info.

No doubt there are folks here with whom I've crossed paths on some of the other slot forums.
[+] 6 members Like 4380r's post
Quote
#2

Welcome aboard. Wavegreen
Quote
#3

Good to see you 4380r   Thumbup
Quote
#4

Good to see you here.
Quote
#5

Welcome on board - great to have you here!!!
Quote
#6

Welcome aboard Wavegreen . I have great memories of racing at IHSR with a couple of visits to Flying Cow Raceway and another to The Glen. Is Jim Butt no longer involved with it?
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote
#7

(27th-Mar-23, 01:41 PM)CMOTD Wrote:  Welcome aboard Wavegreen . I have great memories of racing at IHSR with a couple of visits to Flying Cow Raceway and another to The Glen. Is Jim Butt no longer involved with it?

Unfortunately Jim has not been involved with the club for a few years now. His track (The Flying Cow) is now with a member in Dauphin, PA.  You should come and race again!
[+] 1 member Likes 4380r's post
Quote
#8

Hello and welcome, I am new to forum and so far I have had lots of help, mainly with answering my daft and simple questions,  enjoy !
Quote
#9

Welcome!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#10

Sorry to hear Jim moved on.   I met him way back in the 90s, still have the tire mold he gave me back then.   Flying Cow was a fun track, as I recall.    You guys have a good group.
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)