25th-Mar-23, 12:43 AM
Now that the 2022 version of the Group 7 proxy is complete (in 2023!) thoughts from my perspective:
We have run 4 3DP proxies:
PPP (Porsche 356)
2 Group 7 proxies
908/3 proxy
There is now a pretty reasonable community of 3DP enthusiasts. Three years ago it was a small group. That's no longer the case, as printed bodies are commercially available from several sources.
We ran the proxies to encourage people to use their printers to enhance the slot car hobby. I am not sure more encouragement is required.
We have had wide interest, but not wide participation. We have 8-10 people consistently building cars.
3DP bodies are allowed in many other proxies now.....do they really need their own proxies?
If enough people will build cars, we can discuss having another 3DP proxy, but something other than Group 7 cars, I suspect.
Heaven help me, I am considering Beetles.
Thoughts from others?
We have run 4 3DP proxies:
PPP (Porsche 356)
2 Group 7 proxies
908/3 proxy
There is now a pretty reasonable community of 3DP enthusiasts. Three years ago it was a small group. That's no longer the case, as printed bodies are commercially available from several sources.
We ran the proxies to encourage people to use their printers to enhance the slot car hobby. I am not sure more encouragement is required.
We have had wide interest, but not wide participation. We have 8-10 people consistently building cars.
3DP bodies are allowed in many other proxies now.....do they really need their own proxies?
If enough people will build cars, we can discuss having another 3DP proxy, but something other than Group 7 cars, I suspect.
Heaven help me, I am considering Beetles.
Thoughts from others?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)