Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

SCX Ford Escort MK2
#1

Happy New Year to everyone here at SlotRacer online.
Just for fun, here are a few photos of my SCX Ford Escort MK2 collection:

Hub Thumbup

       

       
[+] 14 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#2

Fantastic track and photos as always Hub. Thumbup 

The SCX Escort mkII is one of my favourite cars. It's not the fastest, but it's such a lot of fun. It's got just the right amount of power, it loves to wag it's tail, but it's so controllable, even when it's sideways. It is the perfect rally car in my humble opinion. Rally

It's also a car from my childhood, when I used to go out watch the RAC rally with my Dad, so there is a nostalgic attachment too.

Happy New Year.
[+] 3 members Like JasonB's post
Quote
#3

Quite often I like to choose an SCX Mk2 as one of my 4 cars on Rally night, PCS rear tyres and ballast inside the car...it goes nicely.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#4

(2nd-Jan-23, 06:44 PM)JasonB Wrote:  It's also a car from my childhood, when I used to go out watch the RAC rally with my Dad, so there is a nostalgic attachment too.

Happy New Year.

As we all know, it's the rally car of the 'seventies RAC Rally.
At that time I could only follow the RAC Rally through (too) short sports reports on TV and was really impressed.
In my opinion it was the best rally ever. It's a real shame it doesn't exist anymore.

Here are some close-ups of the SCX Escort MK2:

       

       
[+] 9 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#5

I once used two of these for a "Boy's Night". The gentlemen of a "certain age" thoroughly enjoyed the event and found the cars easy to drive. Mind you I had to buy five to get two that ran to a similar performance (LOL).

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#6

(3rd-Jan-23, 09:11 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote:  ...Mind you I had to buy five to get two that ran to a similar performance (LOL).

Leo

I've heard that excuse before  Rofl

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#7

Love them !
I have three of them. One has been fitted with a Hawk FC-130 18k motor and Slot.it running gear and another is about to be fitted with a 3D printed chassis, both fantasy re-liveried as racing (not rally) cars. The third , a #1 Eaton Yale car has been maintained in original form except for some urethane rear tyres.
Quote
#8

(4th-Jan-23, 06:26 AM)steveaca Wrote:  Love them !
I have three of them. One has been fitted with a Hawk FC-130 18k motor and Slot.it running gear and another is about to be fitted with a 3D printed chassis, both fantasy re-liveried as racing (not rally) cars. The third , a #1 Eaton Yale car has been maintained in original form except for some urethane rear tyres.

Mine are still standard.
The one with the most appealing colour scheme is Russell Brookes' Heat For Hire Escort in my opinion.
I saw him during the Tulip Rally of 1977 in the Netherlands as a truant schoolboy in a yellow jacket:
https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/348812/?entry=373832
The following year he came back and won the very rainy Dutch event.

Here are a few photos of Russels' RAC Rally 1979 SCX Escort:

       

       
[+] 7 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#9

(4th-Jan-23, 09:02 AM)rallyhub Wrote:  .
The one with the most appealing colour scheme is Russell Brookes' Heat For Hire Escort in my opinion.
I saw him during the Tulip Rally of 1977 in the Netherlands as a truant schoolboy in a yellow jacket:

What on earth was Russell Brookes doing dressed as a truant schoolboy in a yellow jacket

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#10

Emphasis used incorrectly?
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by pinit6
8th-Feb-25, 12:24 AM
Last Post by fotodoug2
2nd-Sep-24, 03:51 AM
Last Post by JasonB
9th-Aug-24, 10:13 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)