Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Slot Carry cases/Boxes
#1

Part of a collection that I bought a part of this week, were 3 hand made, home made, but wonderful slot cases.

Interesting set of .... pictures on them ... but wonderful workmanship.

The handle on the one has Thingies written and then encased in resin. Old type leather handle on another one with old type school case latches.
Huge attention to detail.

                                   


Lets see yours- any kind, shape , home made or bought!!
[+] 5 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote
#2


printables.com/@MrFlippant
[+] 3 members Like MrFlippant's post
Quote
#3

Nice boxes amd videos.

I bought my actual slotbox some 26 years ago - a fishing box that keeps all my tools, some spares , my controllers , some cars.....


           


Pic 1 was box packed for Roncole Verde - one year ago this week ;)
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post
Quote
#4

I have three boxes. All home made, probably including the dust on the top, messy bugger!

First was a sewing box I made for a girlfriend. Fortunately, we split up before I could give it to her Thumbup
       

There are two more layers but just hold spare bodies and stuff.

Then there is a tool box I made that got  a new life
       

And then there is the one I take to races.
       

I suppose I should count the plastic box that I keep all the bits in but that's boring.
[+] 3 members Like Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#5

A bamboo bread box was purchased from "Bed, Bath, and Beyond".

   

Aluminum angle brackets were installed to support shelves. A carrying handle was also added

   

Shelves were made to fit.

   
   

An advertisement/poster of my daily driver was installed to cover the glass window.

   

Thank you very kindly for looking.
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#6

@ Gordon - I am impressed at how your car collection has grown - 2D et al Sun 

Your woodwork is incredible!!

Ken - wonderful out of the box thinking and your aluminium work just shines Sun
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post
Quote
#7

(15th-Oct-22, 09:13 AM)Anthony B Wrote:  @ Gordon - I am impressed at how your car collection has grown - 2D et al Sun 

Your woodwork is incredible!!

Ken - wonderful out of the box thinking and your aluminium work just shines Sun
The 'collection' is worrying Bigsmile

However, I was talking to Ronnie this morning and assured her that the gears I had just ordered from Phil Smith were the last things I would get! I just want to complete one or two Dynamic chassis and then that's it. No new cars. If I want to race a particular car, it gets a 'repurposed' chassis and probably a body I will make unless there is something suitable in the bottom layer of the first box above!

The 'collection' has grown almost without me trying. Spare bits from you, spare bits from Don etc.

All the Cox cars are bitsas. You may recall!     which is now the one on the left    

Woodwork is the only thing I have ever been really good at which is why my parents directed me into local government administration.  Tappingfoot
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by DPJ
31st-Mar-26, 09:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)