Posts: 255
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 593 in 217 posts
Likes Given: 255
Joined: May 2020
Location Norfolk
The most annoying thing about this is on Monday I had to go to hospital and in the waiting area about 75% of the people were not wearing a mask. I thought it was still mandatory to wear PPI in hospital settings

.
(This post was last modified: 24th-Jun-22, 09:39 AM by
Mazda.)
•
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
PPE?
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Quote:I thought it was still mandatory to wear PPI in hospital settings.
Not in our area - local hospital recently relaxed the rules.
(This post was last modified: 24th-Jun-22, 10:02 AM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 456
Threads: 35
Likes Received: 202 in 130 posts
Likes Given: 534
Joined: Apr 2019
(24th-Jun-22, 08:15 AM)Gordon Steadman Wrote: It seems strange to me that people forget so quickly. As the news no longer carries dire warnings and the jabs have been handed out, so many assume that it's gone away.
Has flu gone away? This seems a little more serious!
Ronnie and I still wear masks in public places and use the hand wash bottles. We have both had three jabs but common sense says that we should still be careful.
In the supermarkets, we seem to be the only ones still wearing masks. It's still law that at doctors/dentists/chemists they are still required.
Better safe(ish) than sorry.
You have the advantage of not hearing anyone making fun of you wearing mask... (sorry... I figured you would take that all in good humo[u]r.) :-D
•
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(24th-Jun-22, 12:36 PM)dvd3500 Wrote: (24th-Jun-22, 08:15 AM)Gordon Steadman Wrote: It seems strange to me that people forget so quickly. As the news no longer carries dire warnings and the jabs have been handed out, so many assume that it's gone away.
Has flu gone away? This seems a little more serious!
Ronnie and I still wear masks in public places and use the hand wash bottles. We have both had three jabs but common sense says that we should still be careful.
In the supermarkets, we seem to be the only ones still wearing masks. It's still law that at doctors/dentists/chemists they are still required.
Better safe(ish) than sorry.
You have the advantage of not hearing anyone making fun of you wearing mask... (sorry... I figured you would take that all in good humo[u]r.) :-D 
Ah but Ronnie has the ears of a bat and would point out the villain so I could encourage her to give them what for!
Posts: 255
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 593 in 217 posts
Likes Given: 255
Joined: May 2020
Location Norfolk
(24th-Jun-22, 09:47 AM)Nonfractal Wrote: PPE? 
You will get old and make mistakes one day
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,558
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Finally, a negative test on day 9.
I'm outta here at last!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Still positive here, day 5 after symptoms, day 7 after suspected contraction.
Lethargy has eased a little and taste is coming back slowly, so hopefully the blighter is on its way out ...
Luckily my extreme proxy cars were built before contraction, and I haven't been in the mancave (and wont do so) until I test clear.
I may get chance to try them out before I have to send them in, fingers crossed.
(This post was last modified: 25th-Jun-22, 08:10 AM by
Savage GT.)
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Wife tested this morning = Negative.
Daughter tested = Negative.
I tested = still Positive
At least I only feel like I am at the tail end of a little cold now.
•
Posts: 4,510
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,057 in 1,814 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
The annoying thing is you do the right thing by staying away from people for 10 days but originally caught it from one of the hoardes out there who can't be arsed.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•