Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,558
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Day 3 and I've found myself watching old Boney M videos on YouTube...
56 million views in 7 years cannot lie
I'm not well
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 4,510
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Test-positive-Day-7 here, I've had flu worse than this a couple of times but they seemed to clear much quicker.
...I would have to be beyond my deathbed before watching Boney M on youtube
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,558
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
You are obviously perfectly OK if you have tested negative for Boney M!
However, if you do watch it, I think I have found where the chant came from for this masterpiece!
Stars on 45 Beatles Medley
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
Managed to completely avoid covid so far.
Still careful with hand washing and personal space.
Not wearing a mask anymore.
But BoneyM?
Noy my choice for sure but who can possibly avoid that?
Posts: 4,510
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
We had TT fortnight in the last few weeks, 40k+ visitors from around the world, bearing in mind there's only 80k population here there was bound to be a huge increase in this damned virus.
I'm pretty certain I caught it on the plane to Bristol 11 days ago as there were a couple of 'coughers' on board either going home during TT week or off on their hols elsewhere.
Half our club members tested positive for it in the space of 2 days, it's the sheer inconvenience of it all.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Nowt wrong with a bit of Boney M
I tested positive yesterday, throwing out all plans for the GOLD meet, and depending on recovery time, maybe the F1 proxy I was due to host.
ATM I feel so lethargic, I CBA to even go and tinker in the mancave.
Posts: 4,510
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Don't fret, the lethargy only lasts two or three days.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
ANd here I was saying last night that the dreaded Lurgy had died away!! Obviously not!!
•
Posts: 4,510
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
After the influx of TT visitors our little island is now suffering with a huge spike in covid numbers with estimates around the 1 in 25 mark. It'll take a few weeks to dissipate but should boost the 'herd immunity' theory for the future.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
It seems strange to me that people forget so quickly. As the news no longer carries dire warnings and the jabs have been handed out, so many assume that it's gone away.
Has flu gone away? This seems a little more serious!
Ronnie and I still wear masks in public places and use the hand wash bottles. We have both had three jabs but common sense says that we should still be careful.
In the supermarkets, we seem to be the only ones still wearing masks. It's still law that at doctors/dentists/chemists they are still required.
Better safe(ish) than sorry.