Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Pales into insignificance alongside your haul Ken! Great stash at clearance prices. Man after my own heart, can't resist a bargain, particularly a good looking one, eh?
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Thanks again Top Down. The prices were too hard to resist. Chances are you won't hear another peep out of me for the rest of the year.

I'm not sure my wallet can be resuscitated.
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
First purchase of the year: MR Slotcar McLaren F1 GTR.
Bargain price of £44.95 from the Pendle special offers section. It will be interesting to compare it to my Revoslot version. Review to follow in due course.
Posts: 19
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 62 in 16 posts
Likes Given: 61
Joined: Nov 2021
Location England
I'm off the mark with my first one of the year, not my usual kind of car to collect normally I go for rally cars but I just couldn't resist this Ruben's Barrichello Ferrari F2002.
Looks even better on track alongside Niki Lauda's Ferrari 312T.
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Decided to go with my heart with my choice of Classic Sports Car for a new race series I hope to enter this year...
Lots of trick bits in the box as well to get me started on turning it into a TS beater!
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Feb-22, 10:33 AM by
BAracer.)
Posts: 3
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 3 in 2 posts
Likes Given: 0
Joined: Jan 2022
This is my lastest purchase, sold all of the 1/32nd stuff a few years ago and back into it now. Slowly replaceing what i should have never sold.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hello Big Bill,
Welcome to SlotRacer. You sure got everyone's interest. We're all waiting to see the pic.
To post a pic on the forum:
1) Press the "Choose Files" under the "New Attachment" section near the bottom left corner of your screen.
2) Then choose the pic from your file/list of photos on your PC.
3) Then press "Add Attachment" near the bottom right side, and across from the new attachment area.
4) Then press "Insert Into Post" at the VERY bottom right corner.
The pic will appear where your cursor was hovering.
We look forward to some photos.
(This post was last modified: 4th-Feb-22, 05:41 PM by
KensRedZed.)
Posts: 19
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 62 in 16 posts
Likes Given: 61
Joined: Nov 2021
Location England
After watching the 1996 BTCC review I was inspired to get some more super tourers.
I went for John Clelands 96 Vectra.
My first job was to change the tyres to a nice low profile it's now a bit more in keeping with the real car.
(This post was last modified: 9th-Feb-22, 10:05 PM by
Slot Trumps.)
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Rare to see any Scalextric START brand cars featuring here.
I just got this white "rally car". No complaints but it was a bit bizarre. Auction listing didn't say it was a runner but did say it had new braids. I placed it on my track and it moved ok until it arrived at the first corner where it stopped. A visual check of the brushes certainly showed nice new braids. The car has the quick-change braid design so I pushed the rear edge of the plate forwards to remove it but it would not move. I then realised that the blade would not swivel. I removed the braid-plate by pushing it backwards and thought that was a bit odd. The contact strips seemed OK so oened the car u and unscrewed the guide assembly to find it was installed backwards, hence the lack of swivel. As I re-installed the unit, I realised that I would have to swap the wiring around to ensure that the car would travel in the normal direction. That made me wonder how the guide assembly could have been previously installed wrongly. The car now runs as it should so now worries.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
My first car of 2022 - an NSR Fiat Punto Abarth S2000, which finished second at the 2010 Rally Mille Miglia. This one has been on my wishlist for a while and it was the only car I couldn't resist (so far) from the huge and high quality collection Phil Smith is selling on
his site. I plan to have some fun with this - it's never been out of the box, so deserves to be run.
(This post was last modified: 12th-Feb-22, 02:29 PM by
woodcote.)