Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Social media went down yesterday. Face book lost 5% on their share price and Zuckerberg is a billion $ poorer.... for today anyway.
Other than that I really didnt miss it, and surely it is a directive to hold our info, pictures and interactions for our hobby on a more secure base like the forum? I am sure that for clubs this would be the case.?
The counter is - I am sure we will get no increased traffic because of this....
What do you guys think??
(This post was last modified: 5th-Oct-21, 05:40 PM by
Anthony B.)
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
As I said on another forum, most of our club members aren't registered on the forums so they relied on FB products for infos and whether we like it or not it is what it is.
..thankfully it's back and I can contact our club committee as one again.
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
I have to say, I'm very tempted to have a Facebook-free Monday each week...
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Never use it so I didn't miss it.
Seems like an awful fuss about not very much. Six hours out of a life doesn't seem too hard to take.
Posts: 156
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 275 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 325
Joined: Jun 2021
Location Salzburg, Austria
A good mixture of both (Forums + FB) helps the Hobby most. Only my 2 Cents.....
Nico
Donne e motori, gioie e dolori - Frauen und Autos, Freuden und Leiden
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 10 in 7 posts
Likes Given: 14
Joined: Oct 2020
Location USA, sadly
I don’t do Facebook….although it can be a good resource for the hobby, I find the widespread lack of civility and decorum distasteful (IMHO). I limit myself to the boards for that reason.
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
I have never got social media, and the lax privacy controls.
Don't like it, never used it and the world would be better without IMO.
I might be in a minority, but it doesn't mean I am wrong
Posts: 255
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 593 in 217 posts
Likes Given: 255
Joined: May 2020
Location Norfolk
Facebook? What’s that?
Who needs it when we have forums already dedicated to our hobby

.
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
The world is going to hell on a handcart - climate change, energy crisis, virus, labour shortage, panic buying everything - and it is headline news that people can't access a social media site for just 6 hours? The mind boggles.
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
We get electricity and water cut off for longer than that occasionally. I don't recall seeing the locals up in arms and thinking the world has already ended.
Real life endeth here.
However, there are obviously a few people who rely on Whatsapp for medical help etc. They, I guess have a genuine beef but all the eggs in one basket was always a dangerous thing.