Posts: 70
Threads: 31
Likes Received: 118 in 50 posts
Likes Given: 10
Joined: Apr 2019
I saw this in another forum, and thought it would be a good topic here. Here's one of my fav's, but wait...there's more!
This is a fairly rare (IMHO) Fly. The Carrera ones have more accurate colour.
(This post was last modified: 27th-May-19, 09:51 PM by
fotodoug.)
•
Posts: 70
Threads: 31
Likes Received: 118 in 50 posts
Likes Given: 10
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Doug - great topic - but awful pictures!! Bwahahahaha
Firstly - my favourite - Porsche 917 - one of the first un-developed versions. IOne of my moms bets friends had a son in law that was in the motor industry. When this car arrived in SA, and they were testing it, they cracked the head, and in order to race, it was brought into their factory in Joburg and the head was stitched, as no replacement was available as the car was so new. It went on to win the race 3 days later.
Then this was one of the first cars I ever kitbashed back in the day. Today my prime focus in building is Can Am, an wish I had kept this one
I wonder in whose collection the cars that we build and then sell, land up in??
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
No contest!
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I have a soft-spot for 917-10, based upon a Matchbox Kit that I have had on the shelf for a very long time.
Its probably time for me to abandon that and get one of the Fly versions:-
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•