Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Sorry to post this here but I seem to have a ghost in the machine again.
I keep getting a notice that it's 100% full and I can't send any messages. I emptied it last night but it's full again this morning. I just sent Jason a message telling him and that doesn't appear in the sent box and neither do a couple of chats with Anthony!!
Help!
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
I think you need to empty the trash can as well. It is in User CP/Messenger. If that doesn't work then let me know and I will look into it.
(This post was last modified: 25th-Aug-21, 10:04 AM by
CMOTD.)
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(25th-Aug-21, 10:03 AM)CMOTD Wrote: I think you need to empty the trash can as well. It is in User CP/Messenger. If that doesn't work then let me know and I will look into it.
It does work!!
I wouldn't have though to do that as well.
Thanks Brian.
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
It is a 'belt and braces' thing. They stay in the trash can for a while, in case you deleted one in error, and disappear over time. While they are there they still count towards the total. Google Mail works in a similar fashion. If you prune your messages regularly then you won't notice this is happening but, if you wait till your mailbox is full before deletion then they clog things up and it needs to be emptied manually.
(This post was last modified: 25th-Aug-21, 11:58 AM by
CMOTD.)
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(25th-Aug-21, 11:56 AM)CMOTD Wrote: It is a 'belt and braces' thing. They stay in the trash can for a while, in case you deleted one in error, and disappear over time. While they are there they still count towards the total. Google Mail works in a similar fashion. If you prune your messages regularly then you won't notice this is happening but, if you wait till your mailbox is full before deletion then they clog things up and it needs to be emptied manually.
What's this 'error' word?
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
Not everybody is as perfect as you Gordon.
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(25th-Aug-21, 03:17 PM)CMOTD Wrote: Not everybody is as perfect as you Gordon. 
I know, I know, it's a cross I've learnt to bear!
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Sorry Gordon, I've been busy today and only just had a chance to log in.
Not that I'd have been able to help, as I didn't know about the trash can either.
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(25th-Aug-21, 06:09 PM)JasonB Wrote: Sorry Gordon, I've been busy today and only just had a chance to log in.
Not that I'd have been able to help, as I didn't know about the trash can either.
No problem Jason, I believe you are allowed a minute or two away from the forum!! I had too much time on my hands again today and made a list of all the slot car bodies I have made since I returned to the hobby! Thirty six! Not sure how many commercial ones I've used.
The very last to be completed was a certain J type van. I wonder if it will ever be reproduced
Not sure if exell files will show...we shall see! PS obviously not
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
The J-Type will definitely be reproduced at some point, I promise you that.
But life has really stuck the boot into all of my plans for now, and probably for a good while to come.
•