Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 54
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 111 in 41 posts
Likes Given: 112
Joined: Aug 2020
Location North Carolina
Ok. I don't feel so bad about my addiction now.
That is one awesome place! I saw 1/32 scale cars on the shelves, but is there a 1/32 track in there?
Thanks for posting!
Steve
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Oh my word - that is a bridge too far for me..... and my addiction is BAD!!!!
•
Posts: 69
Threads: 16
Likes Received: 97 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Mar 2021
I really have to figure out how to meet this guy! He is only a 90 minute drive from my house.
Do you think it would be OK to look him up and just give him a call? I would feel really awkward to just drive to his home and "pop in" without any prior introduction.
By chance Greg if you check out this forum, please please drop me a PM.
Scott
•
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Perhaps a way of life sounds better than the word addiction.
As long as I enjoy it and it doesn't hurt, it remains a nice hobby.
rallyhub
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I believe that the owner of the house above, passed away within a very few years after it was built.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 69
Threads: 16
Likes Received: 97 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Mar 2021
Scuderia,
Thanks for the info. Yes I found Craig's obituary online. He passed away at the early age of 54 in 2015.
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Sad.....
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Cool house. Incredible that his wife went along for the ride.
A reason to learn how to build slot cars from scratch. Just in case there are no slot cars in Heaven. We can build our own when we get there.
•
Posts: 598
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 954
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
No where near as that in the OP but having been asked recently about my slot car dedication, the answer wasn't a real surprise but it still raised the eyebrows somewhat.
Since 5th May 2017 when I started with the Scalextric Digital ARC PRO Platinum set, I've spent $34,271.79 which includes my home MrTrax track at $11,000
Am I addicted? Probably, though this is my real first hobby I've gotten into this deep.