Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
A call out to anyone who pours their own tyres - I am looking for a supplier of urethane - 40 shore , and coloour tint here in Europe please???
NO I am not trying to put anyone out of business just simply want to make a supply of the most common tyres I use for vintage racing
Help appreciated
•
Posts: 553
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 816 in 362 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
i bought from these ( uk )
Fibreglass Supplies | Silicone Moulding Rubber | Casting and Polyester Resins - mbfg.co.uk
have not used other suppliers so cannot compare
thought was expensive , but have made loads of tyres and have so much left its ridiculous
kev
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Kev - thanks for this.... will contact them as well
Brexit rears its ugly head again - contacted Tiranti as I have used their products before - yes they have the urethane, yes that have the tint - no they no longer send to europe!!!
Issue I glean is the custom's duties payable here and the (implied) resistance customers have had to paying them and then products have been returned.
I will now ask my son to forward it to me ;)
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Anthony,
I have spent many years (My Pro-EU years) explaining to people that UK was already in Europe (as that is a geographical location). Consequently I feel the need to spread the word afresh, that the UK is still in Europe. I'm tempted to email Tiranti to explain this but have not reached that level of grump yet.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•