Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
I was reminded today....as if I would forget beloved.....that it is our wedding anniversary next Monday.
This in itself is not astonishing but the fact that we have been married for seventeen years certainly is. How on earth did I manage that? I think three years was the record before that and even that was strung out a bit before the inevitable happened.
Clearly it's not a matter of my incompatibility and demands so it must be me that has become a saint and willing to overlook those unfortunate traits that make our better halves so endearing
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Congratulations.
26 years for me. I don't know how she's put up with me for so long.
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
I understand, Gordon, about overlooking the idiosyncracies. It sure helps to smooth the path.
Third time around for me and nearly the longest too......I am lucky as she handles my bad mouth, my temper, my laziness and my selfishness quite well....as I do hers.
We do have our other sides to our personalities though.
We are the same star sign, not that I put much import on that but some say it is a factor.
Maintaining an active interest in slotcars and a meaningful relationship with a member of the opposite sex is not an easy task....I am painfully aware of that.
Carry on...
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(8th-May-19, 08:05 PM)munter Wrote: Maintaining an active interest in slotcars and a meaningful relationship with a member of the opposite sex is not an easy task....I am painfully aware of that.
Carry on...
Fortunately, Ronnie has her own interests. She plays bowls and is learning the saxophone and the clarinet. Our hobbies keep us out of each other's hair for quite a bit of time. Perhaps this helps
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
I'm on my 4 the marriage , I think I am totally misunderstood !!!! Still this one is now 11 years ,so I don't think this one will end

Pat's hobbies are reading and gardening ,mine are getting in her way and agreeing

I do like cooking and slot cars and cutting the grass .We have never celebrated our anniversary or valentine's so only a birthday to remember .
Steve
Posts: 290
Threads: 21
Likes Received: 233 in 137 posts
Likes Given: 103
Joined: Apr 2019
8th-May-19, 10:24 PM
40 for us next month.
I do as I am told!
(This post was last modified: 8th-May-19, 10:24 PM by
Lloyd.L.)
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(8th-May-19, 08:29 PM)Fluff Wrote: I'm on my 4 the marriage , I think I am totally misunderstood !!!! Still this one is now 11 years ,so I don't think this one will end
Pat's hobbies are reading and gardening ,mine are getting in her way and agreeing
I do like cooking and slot cars and cutting the grass .We have never celebrated our anniversary or valentine's so only a birthday to remember .
Steve
Only two marriages but there have been others set ups. Up until now, we have never bothered with anniversaries either. Nor do we bother with birthdays, christmas or valentines. Just another day as far as we are concerned.
However, I was so shocked to realise the enormity of my crimes against lothariohood that I muttered something about a restaurant and so that's what we are doing this year. Fortunately, the place we are going is the best place in this part of France and they do Banoffee Pie like no other!
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
If the dear lord hadn't intended us to be less than stick like........
•