Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
What are these and where and how do they fit in a Slot.it Mercedes DTM car please?
I took the chassis out to remove the traction magnet and as I turned it over I heard something drop. When searching for it I found a second one.
They look rather like lowering blocks used on 1:1 cars but what is the correct way to fit them back in the chassis.
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Is the front axle now rather loose? In an up and down sort of way?
•
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
It is - but I prefer it in the 'UP' position, so the front end of the car is lowered
Do I need to put them in the axle 'towers' somehow but underneath, not above, the axle?
(This post was last modified: 22nd-Jan-21, 07:53 PM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
(This post was last modified: 22nd-Jan-21, 09:50 PM by
CMOTD.)
•
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Aha! Thank you! So they are lowering blocks of a sort but I think I'll use grub screws instead.
I also have some of those brass bushings mentioned towards the end of the PDF. Just need to retrieve them from a Ninco Porsche, where I've used them as axle spacers!
•
Posts: 221
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 247 in 122 posts
Likes Given: 19
Joined: Jun 2020
Grub screws are definitely the better option. When I returned to slot racing and first started club racing a few years ago I used to use the little blocks but they only allow one axle height and have a nasty habit of falling out occasionally. Grub screws allow more adjustment and they shouldn't fall out either.
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Agreed, now I know what they are
Before I knew, they were just 'random bits' on the floor
(This post was last modified: 24th-Jan-21, 10:39 AM by
Top Down.)
•