Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Sunbeam Alpine Tiger
#21

Whilst rummaging around some old external drives, I found some photos of the original car that I must have gathered for reference.

                       


Also, it seems that George Turner may be producing an Alpine, and it looks like it has the wrap around rear screen, which I always thought was nice.

   
[+] 4 members Like JasonB's post
Quote
#22

Cool photos. It would be nice to see a 1/32 Sunbeam. I'm putting a Ford 289 cubic inch V8 in mine!  Checkeredflag
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote
#23

I hope George T. finishes that Sunbeam real soon.  I've got a Revell 1:32 static kit that I want to convert, but I think I'll wait for the George Turner version.

Bob
Quote
#24

Hi Bob. Kindly let me know if you'll part with your Revell kit after you get your George Turner body? I've been looking for ages.

Cheers,
Ken
Quote
#25

Ken - I'm always looking for 1:32 kits for classic British sportscars that aren't readily available from slot car manufactures.  I've accumulated several for future projects.   The Sunbeam is one that is difficult to find. I have currently have two, but plan on keeping them.  I was glad to see SCX recently released the 1955 LeMans MGA, which I'm currently working on.  Out of the box, it would barely get around my non-mag track, the one I have will require much work.

I enjoyed your TR4 project.
Quote
#26

Bob. I can't blame you for keeping them.

I'm a little bit like you. I still have an Aurora Triumph Spitfire, and Airfix Healey Sprite still on my build list.  Checkeredflag

Thank you for your kind words. The TR4 runs like a dream.  Thumbup

The Rover BRM runs well too. Must be something to do with British cars.
Quote
#27

Harsh indeed, I think it's better looking than the real car. Thumbup
Quote
#28

Thankfully this thread got me searching....

   

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)