Posts: 56
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 80 in 26 posts
Likes Given: 50
Joined: Apr 2019
Really lovely job, TR4a is my favourite of all the TR range.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Thank you very kindly, GT Sprite and Dvd3500.
I was merely saying that both 1/32 and 1/24 have pros and cons. The grass looks greener on the other side of the fence.
Someone once told me "The grass isn't really greener on the other side. It's greener where you water it". I had to laugh because it too applies to a lot more than just my lawn.
(This post was last modified: 21st-Sep-20, 04:31 PM by
KensRedZed.)
Posts: 88
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 185 in 59 posts
Likes Given: 128
Joined: Sep 2020
Location Tampa, FL
Amazing chassis work! Really great build!
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hi David. Thank you very kindly!
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I was wandering through Google Images, and ran across this TR4A in Royal Blue. The conversation about the blue colour being authentic on a 1:1 car came to mind.
(This post was last modified: 2nd-Aug-24, 01:34 PM by
KensRedZed.)
Posts: 272
Threads: 59
Likes Received: 298 in 137 posts
Likes Given: 439
Joined: Nov 2023
Location Gateshead, Tyneside, UK
I've got an Airfix TR4a on my to-do pile - along with a Triumph Herald, Ford Escort mk1 (I've got plenty of Scalextric ones, but I want one without the arches) and a Frogeye Sprite.
My TR is going to be pale blue (something like Wedgwood), and I'll either use a PSR chassis or a Scaleauto.
Best regards,
Stuart.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I have one of these in part-built state, I just don't enjoy trying to stick plastic together without that glue running where it shouldn't...maybe I should use a brush Like Rob (SwiftSlots).
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 385
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 511 in 192 posts
Likes Given: 717
Joined: Dec 2021
Location Cowplain, Hampshire UK
(21st-Sep-20, 01:36 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: Hi Jeremy,
I humbly apologize if that came across as harsh. It wasn't meant to be. The written word can be misinterpreted without a tone of voice.
I know the purests are a tough crowd and I understand. I'll wince if I see a Camaro painted purple.
Car looks impressive as usual mate.
I agree with you re being misinterpreted when writing some things, I feel I do that but how it reads isn't how I said it in my head.
I think that's why I've slowed down posting as I don't want to come across as a prat with what I write.
I love your chassis.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Tony,
You are very kind. I humbly thank you.
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Great Job Ken - well done!!!