Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Being a brass and wire guy I would never choose to elongate the motor mounting holes. I have yet to see a plastic chassis that doesn’t flex/bend in the wrong places hence my questions.
I have almost zero experience with printed chassis however.
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
(30th-Jun-23, 07:40 AM)munter Wrote: Being a brass and wire guy I would never choose to elongate the motor mounting holes. I have yet to see a plastic chassis that doesn’t flex/bend in the wrong places hence my questions.
I have almost zero experience with printed chassis however.
I would agree that ideally, elongating motor mount holes is not a good approach.
Definitely not if you need vertical and mesh adustments.
A custom mount designed for the job would be better, however sometimes the ideal is just not available.
I always secure a motor in place with epoxy.
A little when everything lines up from the factory.
More when the mount has been chopped about in any way.
AlanW