Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

People - painting, trackside & ideas
#31

For months I have been threatening to build a track - but I am in serious mode now - have most of what I need in terms of scenery items, including sticks to build my first trees. I have a box full of store bought ones but except for far background, they are so un-lifelike that I have to abandon them.

Suggestions for the scenery sharing above, requires video, and for me that will take planning ..... Idea Idea

Please show us your suggestions of anything you do for tracks - I need em
Quote
#32

Hi Abie , I know what you mean about some bought trees ,they look more like bottle brushes . I've put some photos from my track of trees I have made either from heather , hedging and some from twigs from the garden covered with sea moss and stuck on with a glue gun .You can get good tree making stuff from florist or Hobby Craft quite cheaply 

Steve


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                           
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post
Quote
#33

Been having a go at the white metal figures .Started by filing off the flash then primed them with white primer .Next I painted the flesh parts ,after that the clothing ,not in any particular order then the hair.will post more photos later .Tried a bit of dry brushing on the hair to give different shades ,not sure it shows up much 
When finished the painting of the colours I will try a very weak black wash over the whole figure , I'm told it will show up more details .We shall see!!!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               
[+] 2 members Like Fluff's post
Quote
#34

Looks good so far.
What makes the black-wash black? I guess I should really ask "What is in the black-wash please"?

I'm tempted by one of Dylcom's Mercedes estate cars as well as their figures. 
I was looking through the Scalextric catalogues that Jason has been posting and can see the well known figures in the 1961 edition - 58 years ago!

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#35

Nice work Steve. Close up photos can show up even tiny faults, but I don't see any. Very clean.

I particularly like the matt finish, what paints are you using?
Quote
#36

Hi Leo , black wash , actually I was just going to use a very thinned down acrylic paint but I have never done it before ,so the experiment will be carried out on an old figure first !!! 
Jason ,the paints are from the Tamiya range , I find them extremely good ,they do gloss ,matt semi Matt and opaque . I get mine from Hobby Craft just a couple of pounds a pot . They are acrylic and brushes clean up with water .

Regards Steve
[+] 1 member Likes Fluff's post
Quote
#37

Done a little more to our three spectators , all the fiddley bits ,cans ,hot dog (with mustard) and shoes ,just about finished . Going to cut the bases off when paint has hardened . Tried the black wash on an old figure , think I will leave it off on these ,it didn't turn out very well  That's about it for these 3 , will show them in place by the van when glued down 
Hope this has been a help , I'm certainly not the best at this .

Steve


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
Quote
#38

They look great Steve.
Quote
#39

Yo Steve,
They do look really good - I wouldn't argue with that woman though, looks like she could swing a decent left hook.

Pity about the black-wash, I wondered if it might have been ink-based.  Mr Google has about 1.2Bn suggestions!

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#40

Hi Leo , she does look a bit violent ,not giving up on the black wash yet . I've heard that it could be ink will give that a try , it's supposed to highlight the shadow bits . Another photo of the group by the chip van . Only another 9 to do .

Steve


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 2 members Like Fluff's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rallyhub
17th-May-26, 10:48 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)