Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Reference the Chase-Cars transaxle unit, my Chase-Cars Harrington Coach (Italian Job) has this and it works well, happily moving the coach at appropriate speeds with the Minis inside.
Might be best to ask George to channel a request to Gareth at C-C as he seems to be difficult to contact these days.
Leo
Edit: Just remembered that I had an issue with the transaxle where one of the bearings used to pop out so I had to glue it in. Can't remember which one but it has been OK since gluing.
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Guys - thanks for the info.I missed that piece about Chase cars gearbox on Georges site.
I will contact chase cars, or George if I have to, but have a slot.it motor mount kit fitted at the moment. I will see how it 'moves' once completed as I do not want a racer.
•
Posts: 221
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 247 in 122 posts
Likes Given: 19
Joined: Jun 2020
(4th-Jul-20, 02:34 PM)abie321 Wrote: I will see how it 'moves' once completed as I do not want a racer.
I don't know. Could work really well. Inside lane for the first corner, big slide and take out all the other lanes. Could be a race winner!
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
LOL Tony
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Anthony,
The Chase-Cars trans-axle has two sets of reduction gears. I have not counted the teeth but they look like standard 9:27 contrate and 11:33 spur type so I think that means an overall gearing of 9:1 The coach can "shift" on straights. I think that he gear reduction is more about multiplying torque than reducing speed so that the coach can drive around quite tight corners. Track needs wide borders though, even if Carrera Evolution.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com