(26th-Apr-23, 11:29 AM)Kevan Wrote: I have a MRSlotcar Mclaren, it needs a SW pod...and guess what's just come out with one
It is a definite upgrade Kevan,...all the quick McLarens at the shop have them installed.
This pod comes standard in the Shadow, and is a retro fit for the McLaren, Jag, and Mazda.
Cheers
Chris Walker
I can see that uses a SlotIt SW, which one? 18mm or 19mm
...and what pinion is that?
Hello Kevan,...this pod has axle/motor shaft spacing that requires a combined diameter of pinion and spur that equals 24.5mm,........so,.....a 6.5mm pinion/18.0mm spur,.....7.0mm pinion/17.5mm spur,....5.5mm pinion/19mm spur etc.
This particular car has a 6.5mm pinion (cut down in width), and an 18mm Slot it spur,....the spur has since been changed to a MRSlotcar 18mm Spur (I do prefer the MRSlotcar Spurs)
Since my last post I created a little gear calculator with 24.5mm as a fixed size then various 18mm dia spurs to give me the required pinion for 2.6:1 ratio...if anyone else may find this useful
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 26th-Apr-23, 04:03 PM by Kevan.)
Carrera BMW 3.5 CSL nearly in Gosser Beer livery. I say nearly because Carrera leave off - for licensing reasons, I assume - certain trade sponsors such as Goodyear, Shell and even the 'Beer' from Gosser Beer in this case. Still a great bit of eye-candy though.
This was a brand new in box EBay buy that turned out to be digital No use to me, but car was still a bargain at £10 less than a new analogue car.
I worried when I saw the missing red and blue motorsport stripe on the left-side front wing, but Google searches assure me this is how it raced.
Heavy and lacking grip it isn't setting any lap records, even for Carrera, but it is smooth and very pretty to slide around.
The TALKING UTTER SLOT podcast is available via Apple, Acast, Spotify, YouTube and more.
(This post was last modified: 30th-Apr-23, 01:04 PM by Scott.)
The Ferrari 512M, which debuted late in 1970, was a development of the 512S model, which during the season had shown little reliability, especially towards the Porsche 917. With the Ferrari now concentrated on the 3-liter 312PB, the 512M was entrusted for 1971 to private teams: Penske, Loos, Escuderia Montjuich, NART, Ecurie Francorchamps and so on. The car performed quite well during the year but still showed reliability issues.
The change in the regulations in force since 1972 prevented the teams from entering the 512M’s again in the world championship races. In the following years some cars appeared in a very modified form in the Can-Am championship.
Slot.it CA51b, Ferrari 512M Sunoco #6, TEAM Penske Racing, 3rd 24H Daytona 1971. I've got his 1:24 big brother also, 1:24, Cars bought by members in 2023
Delighted with this buy from Orpington a few weeks back.
It had black Fly Porsche (908/917) wheels fitted. They looked OK, but I remembered I had a set of the Ninco BBS gold wheels spare so it's now as manufactured.
The TALKING UTTER SLOT podcast is available via Apple, Acast, Spotify, YouTube and more.