Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hello from OH IO
#1

Hello all,
           My name is Bruce. I am 43 from Ohio. Just started getting into slot car racing about a month ago. A buddy of mine built a descent sized digital Carrera track in his basement, a 1/24 and 1/32 track, we bought a couple cars and off to racing we went. It has been a blast so far. We are really enjoying it. I have a Ford Capri Zakspeed in the 1/24 scale and a BMW in the 1/32 scale. Also just purchased a Fort GT race car in the 1/32 and a Ford Mustang in the 1/32 but haven't had the chance to race with these two as of yet. Had to buy the Mustang to compete with my buddy's Firebird.

 I am actually hoping this community can help get me started in painting and building my own cars. Especially the 1/24 scale. There are a lot of 1/32 scale cars I like on Carrera's site so I will probably end up with about 7 or so cars. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of the 1/24 scale cars that I really like so I am really interested in finding bodies and doing my own paint schemes to them. I am just not sure where to start as far as the chassis goes. I don't think I'm ready for the build my own chassis route. I'm wondering if there are ready to go chassis and all I need to do is slap my painted bodies on them? What bodies go with what chassis? These are the kind of things I really am excited to learn about.

Anyway hope everyone is staying safe and look forward to learning from you all and sharing some of my paint schemes and builds if I ever get that far.
[+] 3 members Like Bfish44's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Hello from OH IO - by Bfish44 - 26th-Aug-20, 05:27 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by woodcote - 26th-Aug-20, 06:28 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by JasonB - 26th-Aug-20, 07:41 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by Scuderia_Turini - 26th-Aug-20, 09:42 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by autoavia - 1st-Sep-20, 09:20 AM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by Gordon Steadman - 1st-Sep-20, 09:59 AM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by dvd3500 - 2nd-Sep-20, 09:36 AM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by Bfish44 - 16th-Sep-20, 12:28 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by Savage GT - 3rd-Sep-20, 06:33 AM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by dreinecke - 16th-Sep-20, 02:11 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by KensRedZed - 16th-Sep-20, 08:30 PM
RE: Hello from OH IO - by mickey thumbs - 17th-Sep-20, 05:27 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)