24th-Aug-20, 09:50 AM
Welcome Ryan
I agree with nonfractal - if it’s always been like this, the spring may have been installed incorrectly or is catching on some ‘flashing’ from the plastic moulding. Both easily sorted if you remove the guide assembly from inside the chassis.
If it did work, but has stopped, opening up the guide assembly will help you diagnose the problem.
I often remove the spring from my Carrera cars - especially the smaller, lighter models - as the spring can make the front end a bit ‘tight’ (understeer). I prefer the rear to drift out (oversteer), which usually requires removing the rear traction magnet too. That’s just my preference.
I agree with nonfractal - if it’s always been like this, the spring may have been installed incorrectly or is catching on some ‘flashing’ from the plastic moulding. Both easily sorted if you remove the guide assembly from inside the chassis.
If it did work, but has stopped, opening up the guide assembly will help you diagnose the problem.
I often remove the spring from my Carrera cars - especially the smaller, lighter models - as the spring can make the front end a bit ‘tight’ (understeer). I prefer the rear to drift out (oversteer), which usually requires removing the rear traction magnet too. That’s just my preference.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)