Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Allard J2
#6

I have a Carsteen controller so no problem with adjustment but I just find FF Slimlines a bit gutless so you don't get the acceleration out of corners with a heavyish car and the Allard is fairly heavy. They also seem to lack brakes and our club track and the Scalex track used for CSCRA events at Rockingham both need a car with good brakes. Rockingham runs all events on 13.8 volts and if you turn the power down too much on the controller you get left behind on the straights. 
 
 Apart from Policar the SRP motors are the only slimlines easily available here and although they are quite cheap to buy I find there is little consistency in power output and revs so if I buy a 25000 rpm motor it may well rev to much more or much less than 25000 rpm.

 I did put a Policar slimline in a Porsche 804 with a Pitlane chassis. I had to move the motor back because the Policar only has a very short shaft. I had already managed to snap off the motor mount by accident so I glued the motor in. It went very well but unfortunately it went over the barrier first time out at Netley Classic and reduced itself to a kit when it hit the floor so I didn't get to race it for long. It is being rebuilt with a 3D chassis with a Policar pod.    

 I don't doubt some other people are quite happy with FF motors but I have never found them to be very good.

Gordon

I did have a 1/24 vacform Allard with a 26D in it which I bought from Ebay USA but I couldn't get the hang of the Rockingham Raceway track at my first Double Trouble and by then end of practice on Saturday it was beyond repair so Alan Shawe kindly lent me a much more forgiving car for the race.
[+] 1 member Likes autoavia's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Allard J2 - by autoavia - 25th-Jul-20, 09:30 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by Gordon Steadman - 25th-Jul-20, 11:48 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by Ecurie Martini - 11th-Aug-20, 01:27 PM
RE: Allard J2 - by Gordon Steadman - 11th-Aug-20, 01:50 PM
RE: Allard J2 - by munter - 13th-Aug-20, 12:22 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by autoavia - 13th-Aug-20, 08:36 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by Gordon Steadman - 13th-Aug-20, 09:38 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by autoavia - 13th-Aug-20, 10:42 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by Gordon Steadman - 13th-Aug-20, 11:01 AM
RE: Allard J2 - by KensRedZed - 27th-Sep-20, 06:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)