25th-Apr-19, 04:05 PM
Due for release in August by the look of things?
Hornby have had a prototype on show at Margate since the 2019 range unveiling in January. I had a brief go with it and found it fun - in terms of doing something familar (driving slot cars) in an unfamiliar way (with an iPad)...
As you can see, the layout was a small oval, which was perfect for getting the hang of the new driving technique - especially using the brake button. There was only the one Spark Plug available, so I didn't get to see the two-player 'Versus Mode' features. It looked good, brought a smile to my face and I can see how it will appeal to the target audience - which isn't hardened slot car enthusiasts. Although at £15, I'm sure I will get a couple and have a laugh when running some laps.
Spark Plug does not integrate with ARC and does not offer any form of lap counting. It seems to be a product that fits into the 'driving for fun' side of the product range - the supercars, street cars, cops 'n' robbers sets etc - and will certainly inject oodles more enjoyment into a standard set.
This video shows more...
Hornby have had a prototype on show at Margate since the 2019 range unveiling in January. I had a brief go with it and found it fun - in terms of doing something familar (driving slot cars) in an unfamiliar way (with an iPad)...
As you can see, the layout was a small oval, which was perfect for getting the hang of the new driving technique - especially using the brake button. There was only the one Spark Plug available, so I didn't get to see the two-player 'Versus Mode' features. It looked good, brought a smile to my face and I can see how it will appeal to the target audience - which isn't hardened slot car enthusiasts. Although at £15, I'm sure I will get a couple and have a laugh when running some laps.
Spark Plug does not integrate with ARC and does not offer any form of lap counting. It seems to be a product that fits into the 'driving for fun' side of the product range - the supercars, street cars, cops 'n' robbers sets etc - and will certainly inject oodles more enjoyment into a standard set.
This video shows more...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)