Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Editing Posts - no time limit
#2

As a forum mod/admin in other areas (I know, how could all not be slot cars, right) I think a better solution is that you can edit a post as long as no one has responded to that post.
If you say, answer a question during lunch (who needs food), get home, realize you forgot something and no one else has responded you can go back to edit.
If however someone has responded I don't think it is a good idea to be able to change the original post.

Concrete example:

I post a thread asking about the diameter of a wheel.
You respond and say "20 inches"
I go back and change my question to be about the length of a body part (an arm for example) ... the conversation, much like this post gets out of hand very quickly. (see what i did there? Thank goodness I have a day job...)

Seriously though, I have found that if someone responds you have to leave it set in stone. Otherwise the conversation falls apart.
in a face-to-face conversation you also can't "unsay" things (words are like bullets, you shoot 'em off and you can't call them back my Dad always said) .

Now I know there are rare occasions where something has to be removed but I would say those should be an exception...
[+] 2 members Like dvd3500's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Editing Posts - no time limit - by GT40Racer - 25th-Apr-19, 08:38 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by dvd3500 - 25th-Apr-19, 09:00 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Mr.M - 25th-Apr-19, 09:40 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by GT40Racer - 25th-Apr-19, 10:04 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by JasonB - 25th-Apr-19, 10:09 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Scuderia_Turini - 25th-Apr-19, 11:25 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by JasonB - 25th-Apr-19, 06:18 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by ms-80veruk - 26th-Apr-19, 07:18 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by dvd3500 - 26th-Apr-19, 09:06 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by JasonB - 26th-Apr-19, 09:15 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by GregK - 29th-Apr-19, 11:09 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Tamar - 9th-Jun-19, 11:51 AM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by CMOTD - 9th-Jun-19, 12:02 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Scuderia_Turini - 9th-Jun-19, 12:18 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Tamar - 9th-Jun-19, 12:19 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by JasonB - 9th-Jun-19, 12:33 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Johnno - 9th-Jun-19, 01:19 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by JasonB - 9th-Jun-19, 02:21 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by Johnno - 9th-Jun-19, 03:09 PM
RE: Editing Posts - no time limit - by JasonB - 10th-Jun-19, 11:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
22nd-Jan-26, 11:21 AM
Last Post by CMOTD
12th-Apr-23, 01:33 PM
Last Post by JasonB
22nd-Oct-19, 11:45 AM
Last Post by Andy Capp
4th-May-19, 09:05 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)