8th-Jul-20, 08:28 AM
I'm OK, it's not hijacking.
We all need to talk more about Prostate Cancer, it's the biggest killer of Men in the UK . Check their website prostatecanceruk.org which gives you an idea of the possible symptoms.
I can't say I really displayed them . As we get older we all wake up in the night to pee don't we?
Ironbridge Lions and Rotary clubs organise a free Prostate Cancer screening session which tested almost 700 guys March '19. It's a bit of a presentation, then a blood test, about10ml. I got my result about 2 weeks later and contacted my GP straight away. 9 months later I'd had lots of appointments, radiotherapy, and an all clear. For now , how many people do you hear about who get a secondary.
Do I sound bothered? No, if it comes back we'll start all over again and kick it's ass even harder next time.
Don't let your GP fob you off saying it's unnecessary, I displayed no obvious symptoms as I said, but as a keen cyclist for well over 40 years, it appeared I'm in an at risk group. Black men, obese men, and those whose family has a history of cancer are also higher risk.
Talk about it , it's easy , relatively speaking , to treat if caught early, which is the hope of the Lions sessions. I know people who have been getting tested annually, then suddenly it's there. Who knows why the sudden change?
Keep safe guys, initially it's ONLY a blood test. No one is going to probe you unless it's positive
I'd rather that, than die. To be honest for me I was chuckling through most or the invasive procedures, as I imagined myself in a Carry On film, waiting for the line " you'll just feel a little pick! " Weird sense of humour, or coping mechanism, Oooer Matron!
Simon
We all need to talk more about Prostate Cancer, it's the biggest killer of Men in the UK . Check their website prostatecanceruk.org which gives you an idea of the possible symptoms.
I can't say I really displayed them . As we get older we all wake up in the night to pee don't we?
Ironbridge Lions and Rotary clubs organise a free Prostate Cancer screening session which tested almost 700 guys March '19. It's a bit of a presentation, then a blood test, about10ml. I got my result about 2 weeks later and contacted my GP straight away. 9 months later I'd had lots of appointments, radiotherapy, and an all clear. For now , how many people do you hear about who get a secondary.
Do I sound bothered? No, if it comes back we'll start all over again and kick it's ass even harder next time.
Don't let your GP fob you off saying it's unnecessary, I displayed no obvious symptoms as I said, but as a keen cyclist for well over 40 years, it appeared I'm in an at risk group. Black men, obese men, and those whose family has a history of cancer are also higher risk.
Talk about it , it's easy , relatively speaking , to treat if caught early, which is the hope of the Lions sessions. I know people who have been getting tested annually, then suddenly it's there. Who knows why the sudden change?
Keep safe guys, initially it's ONLY a blood test. No one is going to probe you unless it's positive
I'd rather that, than die. To be honest for me I was chuckling through most or the invasive procedures, as I imagined myself in a Carry On film, waiting for the line " you'll just feel a little pick! " Weird sense of humour, or coping mechanism, Oooer Matron!Simon

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)