28th-May-20, 09:29 PM
Back again.
Have been spending my time on a couple of other slot car project, but returned to my GT3 chassis this evening having re-re-read the advice and hopefully made some steps forward this time.
So here it is...
Jobs done
1. Shortened the wiring to the motor and tidied up the routing back to the chip [should now avoid clashing with body fitment]
2. Fitted a SureChange guide to give an out-front remote IR LED [new to me, but maybe others have tried them before]
3. Fitted some shrink wrap to the base of the antenna [!]
Jobs not yet done
1. Looked everywhere for an alternative, single point, front fixing bracket for the motor pod. Think I found the item for 1/24 scale but nothing for 1/32. Looking at all I could find on RT3 mounts, the double fixing at the front seems to be intended for two suspensions springs.
2. Fitted suspension springs to the front motor pod fixing points. Cannot find any in stock anywhere, but will fit them when they become available again.
3. Fitted the Hall sensor yet [it's safely stored in my spares box]
4. Painted the exposed silver rim of the rear wheels, and the hub centres, black.
Did some weighing. The chassis is currently at 69g, and the proposed body with lexan interior that I am preparing for my WEC car, and which will be repeated on this chassis, is currently sitting at 17g. So a combined weight of 88g against the class minimum of 85g. The body is 2g under the minimum weight limit, but once the lighting kit gets fitted, I think that will take it up to the minimum, and the overall car to around 90g. So 5g heavy, with half of that being the SA motor pod compared with the SI one. Will probably run it in the current configuration for testing purposes and see how I get on with it first before putting it on a diet!
Have been spending my time on a couple of other slot car project, but returned to my GT3 chassis this evening having re-re-read the advice and hopefully made some steps forward this time.
So here it is...
Jobs done
1. Shortened the wiring to the motor and tidied up the routing back to the chip [should now avoid clashing with body fitment]
2. Fitted a SureChange guide to give an out-front remote IR LED [new to me, but maybe others have tried them before]
3. Fitted some shrink wrap to the base of the antenna [!]
Jobs not yet done
1. Looked everywhere for an alternative, single point, front fixing bracket for the motor pod. Think I found the item for 1/24 scale but nothing for 1/32. Looking at all I could find on RT3 mounts, the double fixing at the front seems to be intended for two suspensions springs.
2. Fitted suspension springs to the front motor pod fixing points. Cannot find any in stock anywhere, but will fit them when they become available again.
3. Fitted the Hall sensor yet [it's safely stored in my spares box]
4. Painted the exposed silver rim of the rear wheels, and the hub centres, black.
Did some weighing. The chassis is currently at 69g, and the proposed body with lexan interior that I am preparing for my WEC car, and which will be repeated on this chassis, is currently sitting at 17g. So a combined weight of 88g against the class minimum of 85g. The body is 2g under the minimum weight limit, but once the lighting kit gets fitted, I think that will take it up to the minimum, and the overall car to around 90g. So 5g heavy, with half of that being the SA motor pod compared with the SI one. Will probably run it in the current configuration for testing purposes and see how I get on with it first before putting it on a diet!
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)