28th-May-20, 02:00 PM
(28th-May-20, 07:15 AM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote: What this incident does as well, is highlight the 'validation' issue with all e sports, i. e. How do you know the person competing is who they say they are?
Well all the other drivers had their cameras running so you could see them at the wheel. Abt's stream had his face obscured and he didn't appear for the post race top 3 interviews.
I race on sims, I'm sitting next to mine at the moment, and I just find it a shame that when some drivers, commentators and creators are working hard to put on a show for us fans, others just see it as mucking about.
If you watch The Race All Stars series on a Saturday, the level of competition is very high and you can see that a win means a lot to the drivers who are in it.
I get Katy's point about the FE sim not working properly so the drivers are struggling to race and the broadcast isn't very polished. That's a huge shame and would cause a driver to not want to be involved. But it is his job to do it right now.
I stopped watching the F1 esports races too as I've heard the game doesn't replicate the real car feel particularly well and I want to see more of the current grid being involved.
I get why Abt was let go. The series is too high profile for him to do something like that.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)