Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hello, Hello!
#1

Hello everyone!

Obviously I'm new here and wanted to first say Hi and let you know why I'm here.

I've been working on a simple analogue track RMS using a Raspberry Pi and a lot of trial and error. This is the result:

https://github.com/philm400/Raspberry-Pi...ce-Web-App


The set up I have is a simple analogue track using a C8217 Scalextric Sport base that I have modified to have 2 small Reed sensors underneath (similar to the magnetic sensors you get on your doors/windows connected to a house alarm).

The magnets in the cars trigger the reed sensors when they pass over each lap. The sensors are connected to input pins on the Raspberry Pi, when the car passes over and triggers the sensor it completes a 3.3v circuit that the Raspberry Pi picks up and sends an 'event' to the code I have written that a lap has completed on the associated lane.

I've written a whole bunch of other bits to build a basic analogue track RMS you access from a web browser on any device connected to your home network, there's a race timer, shows lap times per lane, and fastest lap etc... you can set basic things like number off race laps, starting lights and driver names etc...

I'm now looking to broaden my ambition and see how I can use other power bases and Bluetooth (BLE) connections they offer

I do have an ARC One power base, which I don't use as I wasn't a fan of the app at the time (it was very buggy and often dropped connection) and decided to build my own RMS setup above.

However, I now understand the BLE protocol is publicly available for enthusiasts to use in their own projects. I'm hoping that it will offer me similar simple lap triggering functionality per lane and that it can easily connect to the Raspberry Pi via Bluetooth and I can intercept the data packets sent from the ARC One base when a lap is triggered and ditch the hard wired sensors.

If this works, then I'll probably go all-in and invest in an ARC Pro base, finally go 'Digital' and continue to develop my RMS in the public domain for the community to use

Thanks
[+] 3 members Like PhilM400's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Hello, Hello! - by PhilM400 - 27th-May-20, 12:39 PM
RE: Hello, Hello! - by JasonB - 27th-May-20, 01:08 PM
RE: Hello, Hello! - by PhilM400 - 21st-Jun-20, 04:04 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)