24th-May-20, 01:48 PM
Hi Brian,
Firstly, I must mention that when moving into the barn at the Angel PH in Larling, that it was a joint effort between the Heron club (Bury St Edmonds) and Presto. John Goldsmith and Steve Crane helped as well. I had forgotten until seeing the photo I have included that John Goldsmith sent me.
Not too sure about the clockwise or anticlockwise but we ran in the opposite direction, this can be seen from the section numbers written on the track. The photo from John Goldsmith should confirm that the ‘S’s where definitely created at Presto by Ant Hawkes, and he reminded me that the main reason for modifying the ‘S’s was to eliminate a weird annoying issue, I think the inside lane had a big disadvantage on exiting when compared to other lanes and caused huge problems to the point of no one ever acquiring personal best times or competitively came 1st whilst on this lane.
As for the lane lengths there was a gauge made up to mark out the sections and it never lined up the same, it was different for each lane at the start/finish so they were discretionary or individually marked out.
The decision for the hairpin replacing the dogleg was that there were two doglegs and the physical gap between them was quite small.
I have double checked with Andy Croft and Neil Obee that other than possibly 1 base board, there was definitely no other parts used from another track. All new wood from the ground up…
A few shots of the track when it was in Cow `Hill.
Firstly, I must mention that when moving into the barn at the Angel PH in Larling, that it was a joint effort between the Heron club (Bury St Edmonds) and Presto. John Goldsmith and Steve Crane helped as well. I had forgotten until seeing the photo I have included that John Goldsmith sent me.
Not too sure about the clockwise or anticlockwise but we ran in the opposite direction, this can be seen from the section numbers written on the track. The photo from John Goldsmith should confirm that the ‘S’s where definitely created at Presto by Ant Hawkes, and he reminded me that the main reason for modifying the ‘S’s was to eliminate a weird annoying issue, I think the inside lane had a big disadvantage on exiting when compared to other lanes and caused huge problems to the point of no one ever acquiring personal best times or competitively came 1st whilst on this lane.
As for the lane lengths there was a gauge made up to mark out the sections and it never lined up the same, it was different for each lane at the start/finish so they were discretionary or individually marked out.
The decision for the hairpin replacing the dogleg was that there were two doglegs and the physical gap between them was quite small.
I have double checked with Andy Croft and Neil Obee that other than possibly 1 base board, there was definitely no other parts used from another track. All new wood from the ground up…
A few shots of the track when it was in Cow `Hill.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)