Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Pod racing
#11

Right, got myself sorted over the weekend.

As recommended:

I started with one Racer Sideways car and spent maybe a couple of hours fiddling until I was happy. 

For me, the following works:

Front and rear body/chassis screws backed off a turn - turn and a half - just enough for a little movement. Motor pod front screw just nipped up then backed off maybe half a turn - so the pod wasn't fastened down really tight.

The two outrigger screws are backed off three - three and a half turns, so pretty loose and as someone said, could maybe be removed altogether. 

The rear pair are backed off a couple of turns to allow a little up and down movement, the side to side being controlled by the fairly tight front (pivot?) screw.

Once I'd run a good few laps and fiddled to get to this final set-up I repeated it with the other RS A/W cars.

They all worked well with the same settings, bar one.

I have two Capris and one was a lot more planted in the turns. The difference had to be down to tyres as I've not added weight to any of them.

I thought they both had Slot.it P6 tyres but on closer examination the 'loose' car has non-P6 Slot.its - don't know which exactly - so I'll be ordering some new tyres.

Next? Do the same for the Sidewinder pod racers.

Thanks for all the suggestions  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Pod racing - by Top Down - 14th-May-20, 06:03 PM
RE: Pod racing - by AlexisGaitanis - 14th-May-20, 10:42 PM
RE: Pod racing - by Savage GT - 15th-May-20, 05:32 AM
RE: Pod racing - by Top Down - 15th-May-20, 05:49 AM
RE: Pod racing - by Nonfractal - 15th-May-20, 08:06 AM
RE: Pod racing - by Top Down - 15th-May-20, 10:44 AM
RE: Pod racing - by Nonfractal - 15th-May-20, 03:43 PM
RE: Pod racing - by Top Down - 15th-May-20, 04:19 PM
RE: Pod racing - by Fluff - 15th-May-20, 07:04 PM
RE: Pod racing - by Top Down - 15th-May-20, 07:16 PM
RE: Pod racing - UPDATE - by Top Down - 18th-May-20, 08:10 AM
RE: Pod racing - by Mr Modifier - 18th-May-20, 05:28 PM
RE: Pod racing - by Top Down - 18th-May-20, 09:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Sep-23, 10:38 AM
Last Post by Henk
18th-May-19, 07:17 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)