6th-May-20, 06:17 AM
I really like the MSC 4WD range of cars and having bought a Metro in the PSR 'Sale' section I jumped on a black 959 when it too was reduced. This was back in late Jan/early Feb, ready for a 'Porsche Night' at the club, which ironically never happened due to the Covid Lockdown.
From Day One it's been a lemon, a Monday morning/Friday afternoon car. The most obvious problem was no drive belt. There was another minor issue I forget but both were sorted within 24hrs by PSR's excellent customer service. However, the edge had been taken off the car and it was boxed up and put on the shelf - until this weekend.
Compared to the other MSC cars the performance has been disappointing, varying from 'almost as good as', to pathetic. It took a lot of tracking down but to cut a long story short 'it's a matter of a pinion'. It's slipping.
I don't feel I can return it after all this time so what is the best fix? Superglue? The pinion can be slid right up against the motor and superglue applied to the motor shaft before reengaging the crown and pinion, so no danger of gluing up the motor. Replace the pinion, with a grub screwed item, if I have one? Remove the existing pinion and savage the shaft (it's smooth, with a brass pinion) then press the pinion back on, or ....?
From Day One it's been a lemon, a Monday morning/Friday afternoon car. The most obvious problem was no drive belt. There was another minor issue I forget but both were sorted within 24hrs by PSR's excellent customer service. However, the edge had been taken off the car and it was boxed up and put on the shelf - until this weekend.
Compared to the other MSC cars the performance has been disappointing, varying from 'almost as good as', to pathetic. It took a lot of tracking down but to cut a long story short 'it's a matter of a pinion'. It's slipping.
I don't feel I can return it after all this time so what is the best fix? Superglue? The pinion can be slid right up against the motor and superglue applied to the motor shaft before reengaging the crown and pinion, so no danger of gluing up the motor. Replace the pinion, with a grub screwed item, if I have one? Remove the existing pinion and savage the shaft (it's smooth, with a brass pinion) then press the pinion back on, or ....?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)