28th-Apr-20, 11:27 AM
So I have seen a slot car that would fit nicely into a race series at the local club which uses standard Scalextric motors and track...but the car has the motor at the front end of the chassis.
1. Has anyone, ever, managed to build and tune a front motored slot car into a competitive machine using the original chassis configuration?
2. Does anyone have any clever tips for installing a digital IR LED somewhere at the front amongst all the guide and motor kit?
Be honest with me, I haven't bought it yet... But I am up for a challenge (with all you help!)
1. Has anyone, ever, managed to build and tune a front motored slot car into a competitive machine using the original chassis configuration?
2. Does anyone have any clever tips for installing a digital IR LED somewhere at the front amongst all the guide and motor kit?
Be honest with me, I haven't bought it yet... But I am up for a challenge (with all you help!)
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)